1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1945 Veritas Mark 1

Discussion in 'Falk, Stadelmann & Co Ltd' started by Lighthouse, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Sweden Subscriber

A Veritas Mark 1 from Falk, Stadelmann & Co. I'd put the date of manufacture at 1945. A tiny ½ pint stove with a lovely lithographed tin.

1419863608-Veritas2.jpg

The pot supports and the spreader plate are missing. It is a rather quirky stove. That does now make it a collectors item as there were at least two things I found to be awkward about this stove. It has a clumsy windshield that doesn't stay put around the burner. The owner probably thought exactly the same as it has never been used on the stove. And secondly, the spanner is too thick to suit the travelling cap, making it impossible to close it off. That has probably accounted for the lack of use of this stove.

1419863636-Veritas4.jpg 1419863658-Veritas6.jpg 1419863664-Veritas7.jpg 1419863643-Veritas5.jpg 1419863626-Veritas3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

Lovely, really really lovely.

Alec.

3. Doug L

Doug L United States Subscriber

Nice with the decal still whole

4. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy Subscriber

Your lithographed tin is just excellent. These are my favorite kind of kerosene burners with the tin and all. The manufacturers of the day really took their artwork seriously and made some really neat tins.

sam

5. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Sweden Subscriber

Thanks guys!

These outfits don't come up for sale too often, so I bid it home. She turned out to be quite the looker indeed.
    This is actually the best looking tin in my collection, apart from an RM stove, pictured here.
    Love the English outfits! Actually about time we had another English Stove Shootout!

Frank

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  6. kaw550red

kaw550red United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi

I think the Mk1s were produced straight after WW2. We could not import foreign stoves because of import restrictions and British makers started to produce 1/2 pint and 1 pint copies of the Swedish stoves to supply the demand for those size stoves. However the Mk1 may have continued to be produced when another version of that size was produced. Otherwise there was little point in calling it a Mk1. I never did find a second version although I suspected one existed

7. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout United States Subscriber

I guess when you camp with one of these stoves you get the company of not one but two beautiful women.... : :whistle: