1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1961- S H & S Stove.

Discussion in 'Samuel Heath & Sons' started by jonathan fairbank, May 28, 2014.

1. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

It certainly looks like you need to clean the jet hole with a pricker. It may be that the jet needs replacing. I have lots of spare prickers - send me your address in a PT.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  2. jonathan fairbank

Hi Wim,

Thanks for that, it'll probably be a combination of both (over pumping & unclear jet tip), just a few pumps, but also to be sure of a good pre-heat, I'll allow for "two", before pump ignition.

It's difficult to notice, during daylight hours, when the spirit cup has emptied/ extinguished, etc., so sometimes I do 'miss it'.

Cheers !

Regards, Jon :thumbup: .

3. jonathan fairbank

Hi Trevor,

That's brill, I'll be in touch . . ..

Thanks for this :thumbup: ,

Jon.

4. jonathan fairbank

Yes, thanks for you kind words Sam, I'm hoping every thing is Good for you, I like your animated hob gas ring 'Insignia',near your site I.D, I wish I could know how to attire my PC, with quirky techno like that.

Cheers,

Jon :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

5. Admin

Admin Courtesy of Iani

Jon

You have probably got some crap drawn up from the tank - if you were to pump it as it is now, you should get a straight jet of fuel coming out of the nipple, if not, remove the nipple, pump a couple of times, see if any debris comes out with the fuel - clean the nipple, whilst it is out, you don't need a prickler, just suck and blow on the nipple.

6. jonathan fairbank

Or8 Ian,

I'd try that out, but annoyingly cannot retract that gas tip (lack of tooling & cunning); Trevor's abounded to the rescue with a gift of spare's which I'm hoping will enable removal of that gas tip (nipple). I've just to wait, etc., but back to what your describing, the Stove burner is 'not' sending out a kero stream, from the same gas tip (I've watched it, de-robed)

It 'is' lighting however, & the ring of blue flame 'is' reaching through the dome cups perforations, in the 360', but it's doing it via vaporization only (mist, I think) ! This is why there doesn't seem to be too much height, to the gas plume, when it's burning, possibly ?

I've seen quite a few blue rings in my time (taken the right way), but the one flowing from this Stove seems very low in flame height, but not only that, a lot of the flame seems to be 'orange/ yellow'. Only a quick 'test', with what I'd been advised to do, to lower the basic pumped, flame hob; led it to 'go out', even though I only opened the cap key, the smallest turn possible.

I have some thin pliers, but they are like fine croc's teeth, the brass to the gas tip will just be ravage scarred; but thank you for the advice, I don't feel like beggaring it up, with the wrong tackle. I'll wait on, but report back, if I get it behaving better (due to the kind help, etc) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . . . ... .

Cheers, Jon.

7. jonathan fairbank

Hi Trevor,

He he, the knick knack tooling all arrived today so I had a good clean out of the burner again & also removed the gas tip, as advised, etc.

I feel I'm going to just have to first 'get used' to lighting these here stoves before I make any inexperienced judgements. It is all still working but I must be 'over pumping' with each new attempt, just post' of the pre-heating; as it still seems to be behaving gruffly with quite a bit of noise. This tapers down however as the seconds turn into a few minutes from the 'get go'.

I really enjoyed the cooking also, that's the first time (barring a burner bin & wire net) I've ever made use of a proper stove, under the weather, out in the great outdoors (backyard :) )

"Here we go . . . . .

1401577438-DSCN1843.JPG

.. . . . .. and that steam isn't 'special effect, dry ice' " :content: !

Pork Steak & onions, bit o' salt & black pepper, very nice indeed. Cheers, eh :thumbup: .

Regards,

Jon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015