1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1990 Peak1 400b w box & papers

Discussion in 'Coleman Peak 1' started by Centuryhouse, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Centuryhouse United States

Not bad for $2.99 at a thrift shop! This is the one that got me started buying stoves recently. 1990 Peak1 400b w box & papers.

It had a wallet in the box with all of the cards dated 1987, belonging to an "S.L. Waller Jr". Member here?

1320161658-Coleman_Peak1_400b_90small.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Centuryhouse United States

1320162034-Coleman_Peak1_400b_90b.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  3. mr optimus

mr optimus United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi centuryhouse what a bargain a super score for just $2.99 was it worth selling it to you the shop may as well have give it to you.
    I realy do like coleman stoves and lanterns in my opinion the older they are the better they look my favourite has to be the 502 though

4. DAVE GIBSON United States

great buy..looks like it had a bit of use which always makes me wonder why the last owner gave up on it..they went on just one camping trip? the stove was too "tricky" for them to use? Gaz was easier so they dumped this fine stove!!??
    my Feather lasted thru about 20 two week canoe trips before it needed some minor fix-up.

5. Centuryhouse United States

It does make you wonder why people get rid of them. It looks like this was being actively used in the late 80s and then boxed up and put away. It may have just been a thing used when this person was in the Boy Scouts, and then not used again.

I'm glad I found it, I really didn't think it would work when I got it but for the price it was worth checking out.

6. linux_author

linux_author United States Subscriber

of course it will work, it's a Coleman!

(trying to say this with a straight face, knowing the sad, slow demise of gas-fueled camping appliances in the Coleman product lines)

7. jrs08

jrs08 United States Subscriber

You scored bigtime! The coleman 400's are tops in my book- can really put out the heat and yet they're one of the few stoves that can also really simmer well. I tend to grab mine more than any other stove I own.