1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Burner Tilley Propane Stove by Norcold

Discussion in 'Tilley' started by RonPH, Sep 4, 2009.

1. RonPH

Just got this little two burner in the mail. I fired it up and works well using the small propane canisters. Am not sure where this is made as there is no indication except the name itself so I put it up at the US stoves. Built like a tank! I now have to find a suitable army surplus container in which to store this one and bring with me together with my 8R or Phoenix 625 clone for multiple cooking work.

Thanks for looking.

Ron

1252095661-Tilley001.jpg 1252095677-Tilley002.jpg 1252095690-Tilley003.jpg 1252095704-Tilley004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. ArchMc

ArchMc United States Subscriber

Hey Ron,
    Tilleys are British...

No worries; I'm sure one of the mods will fix it.

Looks like a nice portable little two-burner!

....Arch

3. mr optimus

mr optimus United Kingdom Subscriber

The tilley is a british company making the famous tilley lamp thay started out in hendon then thay moved to belfast northern ireland and now thay have moved back to england

4. RonPH

Arch it is a nice portable burner indeed. Was thinking of the two burner coleman suitcase stoves when I stumbled upon this one on the internet, I mean we do have to pack lightly right? Less weight means you dont have to break your back :p carrying stuff off the car.

5. RonPH

Tried to research on the manufacturere Norcold which has some roots in UK through Thetford which is still in operation. One of the subsidiaries is Spinflo which makes recreational vehicle stoves. I could not find any mention of portable stoves hence I hit a blank wall. Anyway, it is a good find and perhaps rare on its own. Stove was only slightly used by previous owner though the seller claimed it to be new. Does not really matter as the stove works pretty well in simmer and high. The fact that this portable is built solidly, it has several years left on it.

Ron

6. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  7. Stonehopper

Stonehopper United Kingdom Subscriber

I would be very wary about firing that up with the hose looking like it had been stuck on with asphalt!

Hope that is an illusion.

Derek

8. Ian

Ian United Kingdom Subscriber

I have read that with stoves such as this, which operate using an unregulated supply at bottle pressure, there is a possibility of gas condensing in the hose between the bottle and the stove when the stove is shut off. This can cause it to flare when it is lit again. I understand that the risk of this happening can be minimised by closing the supply at the bottle before closing the burner.
    From time to time I use a Tilley Titan stove and have had no problems with flare-ups bearing in mind the precaution above.

9. RonPH

Ian, you are right there. When I removed the bottle and turned on the burner knobs, there is still pressure which of course I let out as a safety precaution. As far as the asphalt is concerned there is a clip underneath the asphalt as this is the only section of the hose which swivels. Thanks for the information and concern....I always check the stove carefully especially the plumbing for signs of danger.

Can you show a picture of your Tilley Titan?

Ron