1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

413C

Discussion in 'Coleman No:413' started by mbechtel, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mbechtel United States

One of the Best Coleman Suitcases ever made in my opinion. Build like a tank.

1263841496-DSC00940_opt.jpg 1263841504-DSC00943_opt.jpg 1263841515-DSC00944_opt.jpg 1263841525-DSC00945_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom Subscriber

Heck, you're churning out a spate of goodies for the Reference Gallery right now!

What year's that example Matt? (I guess I should be able to work it out to a range of possible manufacturing dates if I did my research). Where's it date-stamped on that model?

John

3. mbechtel United States

Hi John, if memory serves, it was 1947
    A lot of the suitcases are tough to date. Some have the date on the tank arm.
    Hang on to your hat, I'm loading tons of stuff I haven't taken pictures of!

4. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy Subscriber

5. pianojuggler

Hey, that is identical to the one that I had in college. My ex-GF decided we didn't need more than one stove and that one was "old", so she sold it at a garage sale. Never mind that it worked better than the much flimsier "new" one we had.

I think I bought it at a garage sale for $5. I think she sold it for $5.

Brown tank -- looked like it had been repainted by a previous owner, the flip-over towel bar (I guess that's what it is) on the inside of the lid, and the spring clip to latch it closed.

Yup, that could have been my old stove, although I'd be interested to know how it travelled from the Pacific Northwet to the Midwest.

It doesn't happen to have a replacement cap (the new style with no screw) on the tank, does it?

*sigh*

She also sold my spare can opener and potato peeler, too. As far as she was concerned, no one ever needed to own more than one of anything.

6. mbechtel United States

Hi Pianojuggler.
    Don't worry, they pop up on Ebay once in a while and are not too pricey. It's a great stove and of my suitcases, it's usually the first one I will grab. When I got this stove, it's tank was painted red. I looked around and found a replacement tank with it's original brown paint. This stove was one of my very first tear down and rebuild projects. I expect this stove will last virtually forever with proper care.