1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

425 and 425E

Discussion in 'Coleman No:425' started by chancho, Sep 23, 2010.

1. chancho

425 and 425E the 425 has incorrect tank

1285274299-DSC00069a.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  2. DAVE GIBSON United States

with Coleman parts being so interchangeable i'm sure someone along the line just swapped parts to get a working stove..those should serve you well whatever tank they have.

3. chancho

It actually looks like someone replaced just the tank and swapped over the generator, fuel tube, pump, fuel cap. So i assume something was wrong with the original and they ordered a new bare tank.

4. RonPH

Well, they must have buggered up the tank and generator to replace it. The original tank was way ahead of its time as I heard from one member that the round tank is made of a special alloy that does not rust. So perhaps instead of fixing it up, they went the easy route and just changed the tank for a modern one.

They should have consulted the forum and got it fixed. I remembered on CSAG4 where one family of campers approached us saying their 2 burner coleman was not working and all it needed was to I believe oil the pump cup and I think replaced the tank cap rubber and within 10 minutes (with talks in between fettling) got the stove to work again.

Ron

5. toonsgt

They made tanks out of Everdur, and Solodur(sp?)that were extremely resistant to corrosion. I don't believe they made any of the stamped tanks(the ones with the horizontal rim all the way around) out of anything but steel though. I know many other tanks were copper colored though I don't know if they ever used actual copper or brass on the suitcase model tanks.

Mike