1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A nice couple: Buflam N°2

Discussion in 'Charles Twigg & Co Ltd' started by Wim, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Wim

Wim Belgium Subscriber

1244661247-P4300007_opt.jpg 1244661268-P4300006_opt.jpg

Hello all,

amongst the stoves I bought recently are 2 Buflam N°2's. Now the funny thing is, the oldest one (left in photo) came with inner burner cap only, the younger brother came with outer cap only :roll: . I first tried to get the younger one going, so fitted both caps to it, filled with kero and pre heated. All went fine, till I started pumping; Kero came out through the seam at the bottom! Cleaned things up, and resoldered the entire seam with soldering paste. Tried again today without good result as you can see from the second photo. My guess is the jet is far to big, the pricker went in it without touching the sides leaving room for a doubledecker. Next, I changed fillercap, pump and burnercaps to the older one, but had to stop again after a while, this time because the NRV started leaking, causing kero to come out of the pump. To be continued!!! :whistle:

Regards,

Wim

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. fyldefox

fyldefox Subscriber

Wim you really should test out new stoves outside !

3. Wim

Wim Belgium Subscriber

I do Keith, I do! This is my outdoor kitchen 8) . (Where else do you think I could put this french field kitchen? :D ).

Regards,

Wim

PS, with this lovely "summer" we're having, the kitchen has not yet been used for any cooking this year, only for testing stoves :(

4. fyldefox

fyldefox Subscriber

That another thing for the shoppng list !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015