1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AGM KampKook LCS-41

Discussion in 'AGM - American Gas machine' started by StanDahl, May 5, 2014.

1. StanDahl United States

This later AGM stove has a cast iron burner and the massive leaded gasoline generator. This generator supposedly filters lead from gasoline and does best with a lot of preheating. It can flood spectacularly without enough preheating - if you let it.

The little black wheel is similar to the Coleman lighting lever, but needs to be opened a few turns as the stove is preheating. (It adds air to the fuel to make it an instant-light stove.) It can then be closed when the stove is ready to cook. There is no separate fuel cap, the entire pump is removed to fill the fuel tank.

The KampKook Kamper (decal) lost his hat, the decal shown is from a very similar model, the LCS-31.

1399261783-1.jpg 1399261799-2.jpg 1399261809-3.jpg 1399261827-4.jpg 1399261838-5.jpg 1399261853-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Stoveuser Norway

A stove that's actually built for leaded fuel! Fantastic :content:
    But I think I'll still prefer white gas :-k
    Thanks for sharing.

Best regards
    Stoveuser

3. kellyr New Zealand

Hi, I just got one of these stoves, but what is the correct way to light it?

4. StanDahl United States

Here are the instructions from the LCS-31:

1399536355-KampKook_WCS-31f_sm.jpg

"To Light:
    Valve handle at right end of case must be closed. Open black valve about one turn.
    Light match, open red valve slowly, hold match at burner under generator until it lights.
    After burning two minutes, slowly close the black valve tight.
    If flame dies out or goes down, pump more air.

To light other burner, slide valve handle out at right end of case and open and light burner.

Opening or closing of red valve regulates gas flow.

To Extinguish: Close red valve tight."

I would recommend giving it plenty of time to preheat to make sure the fuel will vaporize and it won't flood.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  5. kellyr New Zealand

Thanks for that. I will try it out this weekend.

6. Bud Brown United States

I have a LCS 41 that looks awesome...almost new. The problem I have is the generator where it connects to the mint fuel tank is free turning. I can't get it off to clean the intake. It just keeps turning. What can I do?