1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin Range

Discussion in 'Aladdin' started by Archivist, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Archivist

Archivist United Kingdom Archivist

Courtesy of Jan Rømsgaard

1214661366-aladidn1.jpg

1214661371-aladdin2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Sedgman

The 'Aladdin Two Burner' stove as it is named in documentation, has a few variations. The most common, is the black and white flecked vitreous enamel model shown in the Gallery. This common type has custom Aladdin control knobs.

1421987250-Std_Knob_opt.jpg

Also the fuel line feeding the burners is in one smooth curved tube from low down on sides of the fount.
    1421986708-Std_Fuel_Line_opt.jpg

The second, is basically the same frame but has the following small changes: round black knobs larger than those of the first type and a straight feed from slightly higher up on the tank with a T-join feeding the burner.

1421986771-Other_Fuel_Line_opt.jpg 1421986793-Other_Knob_opt.jpg

There may well be a third variation (or a second model!) where the frame appears to be in transition for a gas model. The details about it can be found here: Third Type?

Based on the above third type, i.e., the possibly transitional model, having the custom Aladdin burner control knobs, I am leaning towards the view that the round knobs mentioned above, as the second type, may indicate an earlier type of the ‘Two Burner Model’. The single curved fuel line may also be consistent with a cheaper way of manufacturing and thus fit well with the standard and later model. Just conjecture at this stage but hopefully this information starts to put some pieces together for this beautiful Australian stove.

Iain

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  3. Sedgman

I saw a white Aladdin 2 Burner stove online in the past week and cannot find it now to post a reference. However it seemed an original genuine colour as there was an Aladdin decal on the front top and I have not seen these before as far as I recall. The two burner top ring surrounds though we're still the black and white speckled standard type.
    Has anyone else seen a different colour or the white one?

Iain Sedgman

4. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

I know where it is...

5. Sedgman

Oh ;) :D :-#
    Iain

6. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

G'day,
    If it is the one I am thinking off it was white and the two burner top ring surrounds we're blue with white speckled.
    Maybe we will see it in the Gallery some day?
    I have also seen a picture of a dark green with red top rings but couldn't tell if it had been painted. It was housed in a metal suitcase in the same colour but they may have also been home made.
    Martin

7. Sedgman

Yes Robbo55 you are probably correct with the colors.

Iain