American Stove Company "Vesuvius 100"

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by BernieDawg, Dec 31, 2008.

1. hydro451

Hi All,

Mike, looks nice. A bit of an internal cleaning and I think she'll run great. That's a real beauty of a stove for sure

Tom

2. flivver United States

Hi all: Many thanks for the help and advice of CCS'ers, without which the following pictures would not be possible. A special thanks to Tom, Paul and Doc for allowing me to "bother" them by phone. Tom thanks for insisting that a pump up of 10 or so pumps should last a tank. I didn't believe at first but you are right. I found leaks that didn't appear with the water test. (holding pressurized stove in a bucket full of water). I removed and cleaned screen from lipstick generator and made rounded end rod to reshape it. Then attached it to a water hose to test for aim of stream. I had to reshape rod off center to achieve proper aim of stream, then resize hole. Also thanks to Sefa for wonderful pump leathers. Again thanks all. I have over 40yrs experience repairing gasoline pressurized appliances but none with kero till now. Will post independent gallery photos when I receive silent burner that is on it's way. Mike...

P.S. It boiled pint of water in three minutes.

1258478262-vesuvius_fixed_004_1_1.jpg 1258478236-vesuvius_fixed_001_1_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Morning, Flivver,

Outstanding fettle, Mike!! Well done! :clap: :clap: Though I appreciate your thanks for the phone conversations, I had a great time listening to your plans, then seeing them come to fruition! Fun all around!!

I am very happy that this particular stove came to you, Mike, as it was "meant to be yours" as far as I am concerned. It's right up your alley, time-wise, and the fact that it is somewhat rare, completely unique, and happened to be found right in your back yard, is flat-out amazing to me, and very gratifying!! You have a true "fettlers heart", Flivver, and it's nice to see the results of all your testing and fettling. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Hi Mike,

Looks great. Welcome to the wonderful world of classic kero :D/ :lol:

Cheers, Graham.

5. hydro451

Hi All,

Mike,thanks for the shout out, I did nothing really, you did it all man !!

Wow from what you had to got through to get that oriface fixed ](*,) , I say it's just super :clap: :clap: Can't wait to see it in the gallery with the silencer from BC too

What is it they say "you can't teach an old dog, strike that, middle age dog new tricks ? Yea right , I laugh in their faces ;) :lol:

Tom

6. mta

hi mate i have this blow lamp with the same name vesuvius america stoves co st louis i dont no noting about it its a gift from my bigest daughter