1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burmos Tourer No21

Discussion in 'Townson & Coxson' started by Shed-man, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Shed-man

Shed-man R.I.P.

I do not know the age of this nice little 1 Pint stove, but suspect that it is late 1950's to early 1960's. Since I acquired it, all that I have done is dust it off! It was full of fuel, so drained it and put in fresh kero and away she went. Never even had to change a seal. The tin is in very good condition for the age, so it would seem that this has been kept somewhere warm and not stored in a damp shed or garage. The windshield and the spirit cup may be copper, or if not, are very dark brass. It has the Townson & Coxson (patented 1943) removable screw that allows direct access to the burner nipple (What a great idea!). It also appears to have been sold with a Pilot Light as part of the outfit, as most Burmos 21's that I see have one. What is really nice, is that the lacquer is still intact, never been polished, and the decal is almost totally complete. The lacquer being still intact, shows that the untidy solder around the filler cap tube is from original manufacture, not a repair (which is what it looks like!) therefore T&C's workmanship was sometimes a bit slipshod. Nearly all the parts are marked "Burmos" England. Steve.

1364074428-Burmos_21-1_opt.jpg

1364074440-Burmos_21-2_opt.jpg 1364074452-Burmos_21-3_opt.jpg 1364074466-Burmos_21-4_opt.jpg 1364074479-Burmos_21-5_opt.jpg 1364074489-Burmos_21-6_opt.jpg 1364074499-Burmos_21-7_opt.jpg 1364074508-Burmos_21-8_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. mr optimus

mr optimus United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Steve very nice indeed, it is really nice to find a example that is in really good condition and has all the original extras.
    I all so have a Burmos stove, which I am very fond of as it a very good quality stove, and I really like the patented centre screw, that allows jet removal with a straight key, which is so much easier than using a standard jointed type key, I find jet removal on a roarer burner very fiddly

3. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

Nice stove Steve.

These stoves are usually hassle-free and burn very well. They can still be acquired for a fraction of the Swedish stoves' prices.

Even in the sunshine your stove can be see to be roaring away - except instead of a 'cherry red' it is a 'gay pink'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Rick b

Rick b United States Subscriber

That is really nice Steve. I got one from the UK, missing the label on the stove and no tin. One thing I found with mine is, the tank gets really hot compared to my 210.