1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coleman - 318?

Discussion in 'Coleman Solus - all models' started by David Shouksmith, Sep 2, 2008.

1. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Subscriber

1220315563-Coleman_-_model_unknown.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Spiritburner

Spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  3. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith United Kingdom Subscriber

Wouldn't know, Ross - looks like the one you linked to but I've no box and the stove is marked 'Coleman' - nothing else. I can't remember now what's written across the top of the burner, except it's not 'Coleman'.

Typical Coleman pump you need to unscrew a turn to open the valve before pumping and the usual narrow filler neck. It was a very convincing performer on kerosene.

Trevor and I fettled it at Usha Gap last year and we discussed it here at that time, but no-one could positively identify it. There was a suggestion it may have been sent to the UK as war relief...

4. Spiritburner

Spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

The only 3 legger brass traditional stove Coleman did was the Solus - although there are different styles of Solus.

5. mbechtel United States

I just picked one of these up. It is exactly the same but with a silent burner. The burner is a Primus. The flame spreader that came with it is an Optimus and works horribly. I popped on the flame spreader from my Phoebus 625 and got a pretty nice flame, although it kept some orange even after about 5 minutes. I'm not sure what to make of this thing...or what to do with it?

1233292540-Solus_1_opt.jpg 1233292567-Solus_2_opt.jpg

6. mbechtel United States

The same stove as above, now with proper burner and cap.

1243489313-Solus_1a_opt.jpg 1243489329-Solus1b_opt.jpg 1243489348-Solus_1c_opt.jpg 1243489358-Solus_1d_opt.jpg

7. Rick b

Rick b United States Subscriber

Beautiful stove...how bout I send you a box with packing a enough for shipping and you can send it to me? :D Did the pot stamd come with it? I like the black in combination with the brass.

Best, Rick

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  8. Littledre United Kingdom

Rick Idaho to Illinois aint that far. :^o Why bother with the shipping just nip over there and pick it up. Then you can ship it to me. :D/ :D/ :D/ me me me me all mine.

9. Rick b

Rick b United States Subscriber

10. mbechtel United States

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I wasn't too sure what I was going to do with it when it was a mix of misc. pieces, but now that it's been put back into it's proper fashion with ALL Coleman pieces, I've grown attached to little darlin'!
    The pot support ring was included with the stove, but since it has no markings, I'm sure it's a generic replacement. It was painted silver when I got it, but I liked the black better. I used regular BBQ black spray paint. I have since switched it out with an original Coleman support ring. The black one ended up being used on another stove.

11. bajabum

bajabum United States R.I.P. Subscriber

Well, all I can say is:
    I've been on the lookout for a coleman Solus, American, Canadian OR British, for quite a while
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :lol:

12. Knight84 Canada

sorry for the late reply
    Very nice Coleman 516 stove David and nice 517 mbechtel.

I have the manual for the 516 somewhere. Just need to get a better scanner.

Cheers,
    Jeff