1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coleman 413G

Discussion in 'Coleman No:413' started by linux_author, Dec 20, 2010.

1. linux_author

linux_author United States Subscriber

Came across a $10 item at the flea market yesterday. Of course it was a Coleman suitcase, but it looked larger than the 425s in my garage.

1292865518-DSC00645.jpg

The shipping tape was still applied to the stove, but a quick look at the front left showed a Model 413G.

1292865643-DSC00647.jpg

No rust whatsoever on the outside. Quite clean. All that was missing was the box. Opening the case top revealed an unused stove, still in its cardboard packing and including the display manual, repair depot listings and advert for using Coleman fuel.

1292865751-DSC00650.jpg

A little rust on the generator, but a quick look in the tank reveal a pristine surface! The tank has a plain red knob, almost like the red knob on the 200A lantern, albeit with no instruction plate (i thought this somewhat curious - although the 425s have an embossed '' on their black knobs). The tank's tab shows the month/day of manufacture.

1292865834-DSC00652.jpg

And there was a month and day on the bottom of the suitcase. Both made in the same cold months in Kansas, I assume?

1292865900-DSC00653.jpg

Now begs the question: Fire it up?

I'm no Coleman collector, and have no stomach for developing yet another obsessive hobby. However, from what I have been able to glean from the experienced hands here on CCS, the 413G is a much better stove for the Coleman oven, and has a larger tank than the 425 series. I also like the look of the grate on the 413.

In that light, I guess this would be the stove to hang on to, versus the 425? I only need one suitcase, honestly. The other 425s I have are also in very good shape.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share this find with all of you who have been so kind in sharing your treasures on this site.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. RonPH

If yer planning on using it (someday) then I'd say fire her up. If not, just wait when you need to cook with it. Might sell better unfired.

Holiday Greetings!

Ron

3. Matukat United States

LA,
    Thousands and thousands of them out there, wait and pick up one that's already "broken in". If you aren't going to "collect" it. Put it on Ebay and watch your investment return about a thousand percent, my guess.
    Best,
    Randy

4. usdan50 United States

Now to me the 413's were the nicest of the two burners. Nice strong case and the most ornate of the grills. I always use one for fat camping. Dan

5. linux_author

thanks guys...

btw, the numerals show the month/year, not month/day (i'm getting older every year, so forgive me)

:lol:

since i don't do eBay, i think this one is going to get fired up when i get a hankering to smoke some jalapenos or use my Coleman Easy-Bake oven (have to find some 8" square/round pans first - more flea market shopping!)

6. tetley United Kingdom

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  7. linux_author

why yes, yes she does!

:lol:

8. tetley United Kingdom

nice find BTW, i'd have happily bought that for 10gbp, let alone 10$ :D/

9. itchy United States

Nice score. I much prefer cooking on the 413 size stove over the 425.

Given what you paid, you would surely make a profit if you sold it. But unless you are in dire need of an extra 100, or know someone that would really love to have if for a collection -- I would consider hanging on to it and continue to fret over using it one day.