1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coleman 425C

Discussion in 'Coleman No:425' started by StanDahl, Apr 10, 2014.

1. StanDahl United States

This model was made from 1962-64. This is one of the earlier C's because it is not dated. The later C's were date stamped on the underside of the fuel tank mounting tabs. The very earliest 425C's had no instructions on the decal. The red legs match the red towel bars of the 413F and 426C that were made during the same time period.

1397112283-425C_undated_b_96kb.jpg 1397112299-425C_undated_a_90kb.jpg

John

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark United States Subscriber

Morning, SD,

Nice old Coleman you have there. I have one of those, too, dated "1-64", and when I bought it, the seller told me that it worked perfectly, and that he had just used it to "cook hotdogs" the weekend before. Got it home, and found out that the fuel cap gasket was so messed up, that it would never have held pressure for "Mr. I cooked hotdogs on it last weekend"!! :shock: [-X :lol: :lol: A quick fix, and now it's back to it's old, perfectly working self again. Very nice stoves, these old 425C's! Thanks for sharing yours, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

3. itchy United States

Perhaps one of the easiest to recognize because of the use of the legs to secure the lid when stored.

This was the family stove I grew up with. Unfortunately when I had the chance to grab that same stove, I let it slip away (along with the red Coleman 200). Kicking myself.