1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coleman 425E (pics and video) *

Discussion in 'Coleman No:425' started by xavi_242, Mar 9, 2008.

1. xavi_242 Spain

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  2. 111T

111T United States Subscriber

Niice!!!

I've noticed on my 425e that there are those same holes on the tank tabs... did these stoves come with some sort of retaining pin for the tank? I improvised some with a pair of clevis? pins. works nice. Got them at ACE hardware less than $1 for 4.

3. Prime Us United States

Hello Xavi,
    I've never been very interested in the big Coleman stoves, 'till now. You did a beautiful job restoring it, and it looks perfect there on the door of your Transporter. I'd love to see more photos of your VW.

Thanks,
    Gary

4. xavi_242 Spain

you can see more about my bus here: www.so-42.blogspot.com

5. vwbusman

Niice!!!

I've noticed on my 425e that there are those same holes on the tank tabs... did these stoves come with some sort of retaining pin for the tank? I improvised some with a pair of clevis? pins. works nice. Got them at ACE hardware less than $1 for 4

I have several NIB Coleman 425E299 suitcases (early and mid seventies), when I purchased them they were unopened, none of mine came with tank retaining pins, I am assuming that Coleman put them there to retian the tank but did not supply them with the stove(s).

6. xavi_242 Spain

I really think the tank in my 425 was replaced at some point with a new unit. The paint is really shinny and there are no scratches like in the whole case...

When I saw the holes in the tank tabs I thought in using a pin to holt the tank to the case... But the tabs shape really do his work...

7. Jaymo

I bought an unused Coleman 425E for $3.00 at a thrift store. As you can imagine, I was thrilled. It was my first pressure stove, and now I also have a Coleman 413, Coleman 533, BAT K3, 2 Swedish mess kits with the Svea alcohol burner, and a Sievert 925 propane stove. I paid $24.00 for the unused BAT, and $30.00 for the very lightly used Sievert(still full of propane, got to test it out before buying) at my favorite army surplus store.
    Did I pay too much?