1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coleman 425F

Discussion in 'Coleman No:425' started by kablamachunk, Feb 7, 2010.

1. kablamachunk

is this blasphemy?...i have the red tank(didnt work/somewhere) didnt know anything about stoves so i use it with propane....hope the stove gods dont mind...kablamachunk

1265553101-DSCN6119_opt.jpg

1265553118-DSCN6120_opt__1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. ulysses

ulysses United States Subscriber

Like your pot handle...good idea.

Paul

3. Lance United States

I'd be turning the bottle the other way but other than that it's a working stove not there for show. What is in the tin??

lance

4. kablamachunk

what a great suggestion Lance!...in the can is spruce sap with animal fat...and like somebody else said...these things just keep working...k

5. mbechtel United States

Spruce sap and Animal fat?...ok, I'll bite.

My first stove was a 425F just like that. I wore out the valve and generator assembly (this was before I knew how to fix them), I did the same thing. I went out and bought that Primus propane adapter and viola!, instant fix. That brought back a few good memories, thanks!

6. 1966dave

Spruce salve is long lasting and is said to have all the healing properties of the raw sap but is easier to apply.
    Spruce salve is made by mixing animal fat or vaseline with equal amounts spruce sap in warm water when it is all liquid of even consistency it can be poured in a bottle, cooled and used when needed.

7. z1ulike

z1ulike United States Subscriber

That's not blasphemy, it's ingenuity. Any working stove is a good stove. Especially if it's cooking bacon.