copatability of parts

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by hobowonkanobe, Jan 19, 2005.

1. hobowonkanobe

There's a posibility that the stove I just won is a Radius 20, The spare parts I have are for a 96, will these work on the R 20?-if that's what it is.

2. evil

I think that it is more of a trial and error method. I have a couple of original Coleman Solus's that came with original roarer heads. I found that the silent burner on my Optimus 1.S. fits directly on it. Even the threads match. Strange since the Colemans were made in the States, SAE, and the Optimus stoves were made in Europe. The inside pump seal was shot and I removed it and was amazed to find that one of the spares that I had for an Optimus 200 lantern screwed right in. Hell I replaced it with the long wrench that came with the lantern. Just disassemble some of your other stoves and try fitting them together. This has really opened up alot avenues for finding spares now that I have figured out alot of them are interchangable. I hope these ramblings help in at least a small way. Good luck farting around with your treasures and let me know how it went.

Rob

3. Handi-Albert

Hay Rob, You will find most parts from the 3 solderd on leg (1 1/2 pint) stoves will fit each other.
    But be careful with the Asian stoves.
    I started making a compatable parts list, But where di I store 1000 stove model and makes with compatable parts.

4. usdan50

usdan50 R.I.P.

Evil The Solus #531 was also available as the#532 silent and in the original Coleman advertising it was stated "Most parts are interchangable with similar European stoves" By the way Retail was $8.45 US Dan

5. evil

I wish that I could say that I only paid 8 and change for either of mine. Didn't quite work out that way. Very nice stoves, I would say they are made as well as the Optimus 1.S that I have and nicer than any of the Primus models that I got. I have even got the record for the latest one I picked up. I am always looking for spares but they are harder than all get out to find. I wonder what the production numbers were? I don't think that it was too high. You can find the Canadian made models more frequently but they are more like the Primus models with the stick legs and of less interest to me.

6. J?rgen Svensson

Hi all you stove freaks out there...

Does someone know if the jet or nipple of the Svea 123 (maybe other parts as well?) is compatible with the Max Sievert Campus 3? (Also known as Svea Campus 3)

I would like to know, so I can change the jet.. There's yellow in the flame!!! (ouch)
    and I have paid FOGAS a visit, and they have the jet for 123, but they don't seem to know anything about the Campus 3...

I hope someone can help me, otherwise I have to buy one and try.. I'll wait for a week, and if I haven't got any response then, I buy one to try...
    (they are only about USD6 or 5?, but if I can't use it, why should I buy it?)

Thanks for reading!

Regards
    /J?rgen

7. hobowonkanobe

as was noted earlier most of the international brands DO tend to be compatable, is your Campus a similar design as the Svea 123? If so, I wld think it a safe bet, if nothing else it's one more thing on the learning curve.

8. hobowonkanobe

Thanx ya much!

9. J?rgen Svensson

Thankyou!

OK, I'll have a go at the old type of 123 jet then...

Thanks again!

/J?rgen