1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ditmar Demon 70 paraffin stove/heater

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by presscall, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Wim

Wim Belgium Subscriber

I must confess, the thingie did not come on it's own, some more "items" accompanied it.... P3130039.JPG P3130040.JPG P3130041.JPG

2. Wim

Wim Belgium Subscriber

Somehow, I managed to "lose" a photo, never mind it only showed a spare "wick", clearly showing the word "amiante" which is french for asbestos.
    The heater/stove is now warming up the shed, the fount takes 3.5liters of paraffin. I have no idea at all what the consumption per hour is.
    Only drawbacks in my humble opinion; one can't regulate the heat output, and you have to more or less dismantle the heater/stove to light/extinguish it.
    The fine lady I bought it from found this in an old building that once was a shop. To sad she only kept/saved from the landfill one out of approx. 20 (TWENTY!!!) of these found in there! All brand new........

All the best,

Wim

3. presscall

presscall United Kingdom Subscriber

@Wim
    A great find. 19 went to land-fill! Arghhhh!

Good to see those instructions and that hood lifting tool.

You're right about the lack of regulation of course and that the chimney has to be removed to light the stove, but extinguishing is a simple matter of turning the igniter primer knob through 90% and the flame goes out afte a while (3 minutes the instructions say).

Thanks to the instructions, I know now that the igniter wick is called a 'kindler'. Nice word for it.

Thanks Wim!

image.jpeg

John

4. Radler

Radler Switzerland Subscriber

Hello Wim

I must confess, the start of your post did not promise interesting news. :-s
    But then: WHOA !!! Congratulations! :clap:

The first time I see a Instruction leaflet, the great illustrated packing box and a dated document from a Demon. And now, I have read the name "SUPERAUTOMATIC" on the package! I am still suspicious to overlook something of the construction of this great stove. Thank you for sharing.

Best Regards
    Radler

PS. The picture of the new spare wick and its dimension would be of high interest for those who want to replace the old wick with a selfmade non-asbestos wick.

5. dusan Czech Republic

I have made new wick.Stove run better and silentely.
    Material of new wick is " 25 mm Aramid Wick " ,cut lenght about 25 cm.
    It's 60''' stove,wick diametre is 75 mm.

IMG_1322.JPG IMG_1323.JPG

D.

6. presscall

presscall United Kingdom Subscriber

Nice work @dusan. I'll make a note of that should I need to replace my starter wick.

John

7. dusan Czech Republic

My stove will not going off.I broke old hard seal out and made new.
    I have not 12 mm ,only 10 mm tool,but it's enought.Th. 1mm.

IMG_1324.JPG IMG_1325.JPG IMG_1326.JPG IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

D.