EARLY VERITAS 9688 STOVE

Discussion in 'Falk, Stadelmann & Co Ltd' started by kaw550red, Dec 12, 2009.

1. kaw550red

kaw550red RIP

I think that this model was introduced shortly after WW2 when the import of foreign stoves was prohibited but there was still a demand for 1 pint stoves.

Later versions of this stove were sold as RM, Thermidor and Veritas stoves however this is the only brand of this version that I found.

The solid tank lid seemed a good idea but it stored a lot of heat and burned your fingers when adjusting the flame. Also it had to be gripped hard to turn which made the heat difficult to bear.

On this example the reserve lid is left loose when the stove is assembled. I had another example where the reserve lid was connected to a foot housing with a thin chain

This and later versions were fitted with aluminium legs because steel was in very short supply after WW2 but aluminium was plentiful as it was no longer needed for war planes

I suspect that RM made these stoves for Falk, Stadleman & Co Ltd partly because later versions RM & Veritas shared the same lids whereas Thermidor stoves used a different tank lid even though they were identical in all other aspects except for the colour of their tins

The paper on the lid is a packing slip.

The tin is a sandwich tin and the stove and tin are marked with the same transfer.

1261133511-Veritas_1_Pint_ASS_opt.jpg

1261133521-Veritas_Flame_opt.jpg 1261133530-Veritas_label_opt.jpg 1261133541-Veritas_pack_opt.jpg 1261133551-Veritas_tin_opt.jpg

NEXT

Regards Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015