1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eezy-Fyre 1940s Double Burner

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Sedgman, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Sedgman

Hello
    This Eeezy-Fyre double burner stove is fairly old. I am confident it can be fettled which I hope to do soon. However, I did do some work on it almost ten years ago to help preserve it and I make no claims as to the colour of the spill trays. It is an Australian stove and it was probably used for the military during WWII. However, they were sold to the general public during the War and in May 1945 this unit cost £5/8/- whilst the single burner stove cost £2/4/6.

Army surplus disposal stores had them available slightly cheaper at 79/6 in 1948. From my research the stoves appear to have been available to the public between Mar 1943 and March 1952.

Whilst it is true that two stoves are loosely bolted together in the double stove, with an added guard surrounding both, the left tank is different and has the fuel line coming in from the right. They tanks are probably the same originally and they just reverse the method of inserting the fuel line at the time of manufacture.

Iain Sedgman

1418506742-DSCN0561_opt.jpg

1418506774-DSCN0562_opt.jpg

1418506802-Eezy_Fyre_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States Subscriber

Looks like this stove was designed or modified for use on a boat. That extra railing around the stove would prevent pots from sliding off the stove while cooking in a swell. It might have had cross bars at one time that could be secured to the rail with thumb screws to help keep the pots in place. I've seen marine stoves equipped like that. Nice looking piece of history. I hope you get it going someday.

3. threedots New Zealand

Another one(or 2) that has surfaced. :)
    It will be nice seeing it going as the one I have shown has a worn jet so it was a little on the rich side when burning.
    Look after those steel tanks as they are prone to rusting.
    Cheers, John

4. Sedgman

Thanks Ben and John, I appreciate the advice.