1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eezy-Fyre

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by rensdb, Jan 14, 2016.

1. rensdb

rensdb Netherlands Subscriber

In addition to the other Eezy-Fyre stove posted in the gallery. This one looks as new; good-looking decal and everything. Doesn't seem to be used often.
    Quite a peculiar stove; the material is very flimsy, especially for a "stationary" stove. The burner looks like a white gas type, but the flame spreader is heavy brass.
    Flame shots will follow DSC_0455.JPG DSC_0457.JPG DSC_0456.JPG

2. threedots New Zealand

Nice to see a very nice example and I wonder how it got to your part of the world. Did you buy it in the Nederlands?
    John

3. rensdb

rensdb Netherlands Subscriber

It was donated to the NJN by a former member, so unfortunately I have no idea where it came from.

4. threedots New Zealand

There could be a possibility that a Dutch soldier brought it back from Indonesia when they were fighting over there.
    John

5. buckingwanda Netherlands

Here is the manual that we got with it.

eezy-fyre.JPG

6. OMC

OMC United States Subscriber

rensdb,
    Nice stove and an excellent reference contribution, I'm impressed, thank you.
    Quite interesting. Below I will delve into it's resemblance to a SVEA No.52 YET yours is 1960 or later a No.52 is pre 1950's, so yes similar but with a perplexing timeline.
    My impression (from instructions) is Eezy-Fyre patented their unique "burner" in 1960. Additional support to approx. dating of your stove's instructions "may" be decoded within reference numbers ie there is a sequence on lower left of your instructions.

You mention the material is flimsy, my hope is that when used on a table that while in-use it's strength is not a concern.
    Your Eezy-Fyre burner is unique but re the entirety of the rest of the stove a side by side comparison with a SVEA No 52 (another impressive example) would be interesting to see as they're VERY similar.
    fwiw Your stove to me resembles the earlier SVEA 52 YET yours is much newer and it does not resemble the newer SVEA contemporary to your model.
    To me, yours looks most like the SVEA 52, it is an earlier version among SVEA's "model 50s" ranges/stoves (50 -to- 57).

Later versions of these same ranges are the models 150 -to- 157). All of which are referenced in this post , the credit goes to @shagratork & @Tony Press and we thank them for that.
    thx omc