1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLINSON Port-A-Camp Kitchen Model K-11 1949

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by seavandal, Dec 31, 2016.

1. seavandal United States

I found this stove at an antique mall years ago. This stove is in excellent shape but missing all of the canisters, utensils, coffee pot, etc. It came with instructions and stowing information. I wish all of my finds were as clean as this one is!

flinson stove.JPG

IMAG0190.jpg IMAG0193.jpg IMAG0203.jpg IMAG0197.jpg IMAG0203.jpg IMAG0196.jpg IMAG0207.jpg IMAG0204.jpg IMAG0206.jpg IMAG0208.jpg

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Great find, @seavandal!

Are you going to try to replace the missing cookware?

Cheers

Tony

3. Hazet United States

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  4. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Wonders never cease. I had never heard of these. A site search shows just a couple of mentions over the years.

Very impressive.

5. seavandal United States

This stove needs the cookware guts. I have several pieces that are period cookware but I lack some of the original items that these had. I found a unit on ebay that sold which had some of the correct items. Here's a picture of the set:

ebay flinson stove canisters and rack.jpg
    I need that canister rack! I have lots of Melmac, Bakelite, pans, etc. to stock the stove that will appear to be original but the canisters and rack are king! Chris

6. konabill United States

That's a picture of my Flinson canisters.
    I have everything now except the original coffee pot.
    Yours is very clean !!!

7. OMC

OMC United States Subscriber

Seavandal, konabill & hazet, my thanks for your contributing details for us, it's very interesting and my "something new" today.

WELCOME konabill !!!
    When you say "That's a picture of my Flinson canisters." If you don't mind (ebay ad aside), I'd like to know IF you have a nearly complete Flinson to refer to?... if so we might hope to learn more from you here (for one, the diameter and height of 4 tins?).

Our community may be helpful to you as well:
    Images of any "original" Flinson cookware will certainly be welcome AND
    re: coffee pot many of us happen to have old US camping coffee pots.
    If a better description of coffe pot is learned here: approx. size, approx. year range and good idea of what the coffee pot w/a Flinson looked like. Then an exact or very close example may also reveal itself here. fwiw I recall searching for "ceratin camp coffee pots" in past and it was not easy YET over last 15+ years, I now have "a few".
    thx omc
    tag @seavandal @konabill
    TMI Flinson is big kit yet it's based on small 425 pattern (vs bigger 413), hmmm.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  8. konabill United States

Flinson canisters measure 4.25" x 6"
    Wire basket holds 4 canisters or 3 canisters and the coffee pot when packed. Flatware for 4 skillet and pan are very lightweight.
    Began cleaning the burners and fuel tank. Ready to go within the next 2 weeks.
    IMG_1611.JPG IMG_1612.JPG IMG_1614.JPG