1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gazlik 2-burner stove

Discussion in 'France' started by optipri, Oct 13, 2016.

1. optipri

optipri Sweden Subscriber

I am not absolutely sure this is a French one but I guess so. This is one of the toughest fettlings I have done for a long time. The condition was deplorable. But after many hours I managed to make it looks decent. The heat deflector was rotten so I had to make a new one. I decided not to paint it but let it stay in the aluminium zink plate way.

There are some remarkable things with this stove. First, the tank is in the front, not in the back.
    And the design is very odd, have never seen these type of burners on any other model.
    The pan rings have a very smart option, small flaps holding them to the frame so they don't get lost.
    I was extremely surprised that I managed to remove almost all screws and use them again after rust had been removed. Only the two holding the badge were broken.
    Another cute thing is that the name Gazlik is engraved into the two flat ribbons holding the tank.
    I didn't manage to take a sharp photo but you can see the name and SGD Brevete, that's why I think it is from France.

Another astonishing thing is that while I was working with it, I decided to browse on the net. And I found a similar but in blue nuance on an auction site when there were only 10 seconds left. It went away for 15 euro so this piece is not worth it's weight in gold.

Bo

CIMG8862.JPG

CIMG8863.JPG CIMG8864.JPG CIMG8865.JPG CIMG8866.JPG CIMG8867.JPG CIMG8868.JPG CIMG8869.JPG gazlik.png

2. shueilung.2008 Uruguay

Isn't the name Veritas or Veritable engraved over Gazlik on the ribbon?
    Nice one Bo,
    Regards
    Enrique

3. cooleman Canada

It's a french stove, véritable and breveté are french words.

Réjean

4. optipri

Yes, you are absolutely right! When using a magnifying glass I can see the words Le Veritable.
    Stamping is very tiny and hard to see. But fantastic that they cared about make such thing that almost nobody would bother about.

Bo

5. Conny C

Conny C Sweden Subscriber

Hi Bo,

Nice and rare French stove as usual. Maybe this is from the French inventor and manufacturer Louis Bouyssou, the holder of the French brand " Ekinox".
    From a Bouyssou 1930 stove patent one can see a two burner stove (fig. 3) very similar to your Gazlik stove. Especially the decorative hole in the middle
    with three cirkels together and also the type of burner as on your stove. Other elements in the patent are not identical.

/Conny

Louis Bouyssou 1930 stove patent.jpg

6. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

@optipri

Bo, what are those control wheels made from? In one photo it looks like wood.

Cheers

Tony

7. Longilily

Longilily United Kingdom Subscriber

8. optipri