1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ginge 2 Pint Roarer *

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by Petromax828, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Petromax828

I am so happy!
    Today we were visiting a flea market that I haven't been at before and I found my very first stove from Denmark.
    It is a Ginge stove, and after I had washed it of, and polished it some, I noticed that it was in very good condition.
    The stove is missing the flamespreader, but all other things are there.

I borrowed a flamespreader from an Optimus 111 that seems to fit nicely, and here are the pictures of the stove.

1354752180-ginge.jpg

1354752187-ginge1.jpg

1354752192-ginge3.jpg

1354752198-ginge4.jpg

Is there anyone who knows anything about the age of the Ginge stoves?

Anders

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Anders, You have a lovely stove in excellent condition.

As you will see from the attached link, the Ginge brand seems to have been made for only about about twenty years in the period 1932 to 1952.

http://classiccampstoves.com/threads/4

The stoves seem to have been produced for the home market, rather than export.

The feet of the stove appear to have been copied from Svea stoves!

If you have difficulty in purchasing a suitable flame ring, please send me a PM and I will see if I can help you procure an un-branded replacement.
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  3. Petromax828

Thank You Kerophile for that link! That's allmost unbelievable information, keeping in mind what condition this one was in :) .
    Before I read it, I however tested the stove (as allways even if the burner will get black again then), and it works perfectly.
    Here is a picture of the flame it gave out:
    ginge5.jpg
    Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture when the flamespreader turned red, my camera don't seem to understand darkness that good :roll:
    But it works and that is the mainpoint. I allmost didn't buy this, as it was just another "3-legger" and they don't differ that much from each other, but my wife managed to talk me over and buy it, or as she said: Otherwice you will regret afterwards. She has been along for a long time, so she knows me. Nice to have Denmark on the map now also. Wonder if Island made any stoves or lanterns :?:

Anders