1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat-resistant burner washers, and fitting them.

Discussion in 'Fettlers Master Class' started by kerophile, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

2. Go Scout

Go Scout United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Kerophile,

Do you have any of these burner washers to suit the Primus #3 burner? The O/D of the washer seat is 22mm, whilst the diameter of the hole is 16mm.

Best regards

Baz

3. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

If kerophile does not have these burner washers, start a Conversation with Spiritburner (Fettlebox) and if he does not have them he will custom make them for you.

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi, I do not have HR washers for these larger stoves. It would not be economically viable to have them made.

However, here is what I have done in the past for my own needs, and for one or two CCS stove friends:

For your situation where you ask for a 22mm OD, 16 mm ID washer.

I. Get a piece of heat resistant non-asbestos gasket material around 1.5mm thick and cut two section approx 25mm square.

2. Punch a hole 16 mm diameter at their centre.

3. Fit your new washer onto the burner, then screw the burner into the upstand from the tank. Hand-tight will do.

4. Take a sharp knife or blade and carefully cut the excess washer material from around the hex of the burner.

5. Repeat the operation to produce a second HR washer.

6. Assemble the burner head and spirit cup, with one HR washer either side of the Spirit cup, and tighten just enough to get a gas-tight seal. If you over-tighten you can destroy the washers.

Your local garage should be able to provide a small piece of suitable gasket material.

PLAN B:

Do what Trevor says and send a message to Ross.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.