help w/ 96 packin?

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by hobowonkanobe, Oct 13, 2004.

1. hobowonkanobe

I need to change the lead in my Primus 96, but, don't want to mess up the socket. Any hints?
    Also, how many calmonite washers for the riser tube on a 00? 1 or 2, if 1 where? Above or below the spirit cup?

2. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

I've used a bradawl for this with no problems.

Normally one washer above the spiritcup should suffice.

3. hobowonkanobe

4. Baggsy

Ross, I just have to ask...What's a bradawl?

5. Henry

Baggsy
    Think I can answer here. I'm supposed to be working but can't be a***d ;)

It's a pointy screwy thing ,bit like a long woodscrew, with a T handle on it.
    Used by old fashioned carpenters for starting holes to prevent the wood splitting.
    Used before the advent of these easy start screws that are around these days.
    Hope this helps.
    Henry

6. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

Baggsy, did you move to Wyoming? I thought you lived in South Dakota. Good to hear from you again. I've been missing your posts about camp food.

7. Baggsy

Alan, good to hear from you also! No, I've always been in Wyoming, lifer I'm afraid. I've been lurking the whole time, but the wife delivered me twins last Sept 13th, so I've been busy and looking out here at all times of the night. Stove pickings has been pretty slim around here lately, but I have rebuilt a dozen or so Coleman lanterns for friends and acquaintances here lately. Almost, but not quite as much fun as the old stoves. I pulled out my old Optimus 111 a couple nights ago for my oldest son. He's guiding an antelope hunter this Saturday, and even though it's only a day hunt, his pack weighs as much as we'd take for a week. Oh, the enthusiasm of youth! How have things been on everyone else's end of the world???

8. Handi-Albert

Twins 8) Cool Man ;;; Congratulations Congratulations (I had to put that in twice for twins) To you and mum. I was happy with one at a time :lol:

9. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

Congrats on having twins! My birthday is the 11th so they are only 2 days off.

My kids are only 4 and 7, but I really miss not having babies and toddlers. I've lobbied for more but keep coming up short.