Hurlock 1940

Discussion in 'Military' started by DaveP228, Feb 17, 2014.

1. DaveP228

1392652782-IMG_0996.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

i think thats UK army model,where did you find it on this side of the pond??

3. DaveP228

It was listed on eBay by a lantern head friend, he had told me about it but once I saw it, I had to have it. He has two, this one and another one he kept that has the part/tool canister with it, mine doesn't. It also doesn't have the wind shield, other than that it's all there. He rebuilt it, new seals, cleaned it up good and painted both it and the canister the correct color. It was bad looking in the beginning just from sitting all the years it did.
    Also at first we didn't think it had the arrow proof mark. Most of the ones I've seen and him as well the arrow is stamped into one of support columns and this one didn't have it. I cleaned the burner good so it would show the brass an found an arrow on the burner top along with some other numbers or letters I can't make out. Weird that it's on the brass but it sure looks the same as the ones I've seen stamped. On the one he kept it's stamped on the column like all the rest. I'll try to get a clear pic of it and maybe someone can verify it for me. Also will get some pics of it running.
    I ran it today for 1/2 hour an it performed without a flaw, started perfect and ran good. You do need to pump it occasionally when the pressure gets low but not excessively.

4. Garth

Think I have just found one in a book shop of all places. Missing burner ring and a pot support. I will soon try to rehome this a Monitor and a few others I'm unlikely to use.

IMG_20180905_134004.jpg