1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LANRAY No1

Discussion in 'Lanray' started by Robert Bruce, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Robert Bruce

Robert Bruce Australia Subscriber

image.jpg image.jpg

This is my Lanray No1. As I got it, as you can see it cost $22 at my local junk shop, it can't have been there long as it's bibs and bobs have not been pinched. It's still got its green paint and is only missing the top of the silent burner. The pump cup has shrunk badly and haven't looked at the NRV, jet, or if the burner has carbon build up. At the moment I think this will be a conservation job leaving the original paint etc. why I was interested in this stove is that I some time ago got a steel tank version with too much rust to be useable and a Lanray will go in my collection well.

Cheers
    Rob

2. Robert Bruce

By the look of other Lanrays the No1 should have a noisey burner and the No4 a silent burner. Is this correct?

Cheers
    Rob

3. Robert Bruce

Thought I would remove the burner, tight as, well the riser turned, broke the solder. Never has this happened. Don't won't to put stilsons on the riser as it will mark it, have to think this one out. So tried to remove the NRV, it's the screw driver type, wouldn't budge, did not won't to burr it so left it with some wd40 in it. Also notice one leg is not held on by much and is slightly bent at the bottom , possibly from being dropped. Such as it is , it will be a challenge. Hope the next post I make will be good news.

Cheers
    Rob

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

5. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

6. Robert Bruce

Thanks Kerophile, I will give it a go, the padding of the pipe wrench (stilsons we call it) may be the go. See how it goes this weekend. From what looked like a simple fettle has turned out to be quite challenging. At least situations like this make life interesting. On other stoves I have put much more force on removing burners , so eventually one had to come adrift.

Cheers
    Rob