1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lilor 5003

Discussion in 'France' started by optipri, Nov 10, 2016.

1. optipri

optipri Sweden Subscriber

When I first was investigating this stove I find it anonymous. But after a closer look I saw it was a Lilor.
    A bit strange not to display the brand and number on the upper side instead of under.
    Anyway, this seems to be the kerosene version of this model that has an upside down feed burner.
    A part from that, most parts seems to be the same. Mine has probably been fettled and the burner replaced. I came with a Radius control wheel that I have replaced with a non branded one.
    The grill is probably not original when compared to other Lilors more fancy ones. It does not fit exactly either but will do as an replacement.
    The overall condition is not perfect with some dents and a bit dull tank and not original parts but still a collectible item.

Bo

CIMG8889.JPG CIMG8888.JPG CIMG8890.JPG CIMG8891.JPG CIMG8892.JPG

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

@optipri

You have a very fine collection of these beautiful enameled stoves.

Cheers

Tony

3. Conny C

Conny C Sweden Subscriber

Another fine French stove you´ve got there Bo :thumbup: ! The first time we see this stove is in the 1928 catalogue. This one is a bit strange though.
    It ought to be a nr. 5005 stove with that control wheel. the nr 5003 is a stove without any control. As you say, maybe the entire burner has ben exchanged.

/Conny

Lilor 5003 5005 stoves.jpg

4. shueilung.2008 Uruguay

=P~ Those beautiful enameled irons. :mrgreen:
    Congratulations!
    Enrique

5. optipri

Yes, I am sure it has been. One thing that payed my attention was the small support for the regulator shaft.
    It is made in aluminium and that does not correspond with the rest of the stove, so probably a home made thing. Have to descide if I am going to switch to a non regulated burner.
    Thank you very much for the input.

Bo

6. Conny C

Conny C Sweden Subscriber

Here is a parts diagram of the one and two burner kerosene Lilor stoves models 5003-5006.
    Bo, my Lilor stove info comes from different Lilor catalogues and pamphlets and there are no actual
    Lilor "stove catalogue" until 1937 (that I´ve seen and am aware of). I can scan Lilor stove info for you,
    but you have to remind me, can´t do it right now.

/Conny

Lilor stove parts diagram.jpg

7. optipri

Thank you Conny. That exploded wiew gives a lot of information. I am a bit confused about the difference between the model with and without regulated burners.
    The model number is in the casted frame so why make holes for the support of the shaft in the model without, as it is on mine?
    As usual, a lot of issues that probably never got an answer.

Bo