M2 military cook stove

Discussion in 'Military' started by little jo, Oct 14, 2012.

1. little jo Banned

This huge thing sure does fire up hot and boy what a nice blue flame it has. It has been cleaned. The gen has been painted the same color.

001.jpg
    002.jpg
    003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
  2. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

I saw one of these at the local army surplus and they are huge. You should run a photo with something to give an idea of the size for those who have not seen them in person.

3. little jo Banned

Yep that would work but I need to get a different camera first. I have to say these things are really neat once you understand them but I have all of the paper work with it and instructions to light it. Its a handful that's for sure. Weighs about 42 lbs empty, but boy, what a flame it puts off. I would sell it if someone would be interested.

little jo

4. little jo Banned

Sorry I forgot to ask, what was the price on the one you saw so maybe I can get an idea if I decide to sell mine.

5. little jo Banned

The thing is, the torch is so small it's going to be hard to enlarge it. For the longest time I have tried to find any information on it but it seems I can't, even with e-bay. Must be a really rare item. Even thru' Terry Marsh's web site, still nothing about it. All it says is 'Made in Germany' and it has volcano stamped on the sides. It's a neat little thing and sure does burn nicely. Any information would be great even the valve if any. It's old, that I know.

little jo