Manaslu 96.

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Doc Mark, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Greetings, All,

My Manaslu 96 finally arrived, after a very long trip from The Netherlands! After unpacking it, I found it to be in absolutely mint condition, and as the seller told me, it was brand new and never fired, even though he purchased it from Basecamp about a decade ago!!

I have yet to fire it up, but will most certainly do so, when time permits. As many of you know, Sweet Bride and I are self-employed, and time is one thing of which we never seem to have enough. So, playing with it will have to wait until later. But, here is a glimpse of my new little Manaslu 96:

1428084344-DSCN5278.JPG

1428084365-DSCN5279.JPG

1428084380-DSCN5280.JPG

1428084400-DSCN5281.JPG

1428084429-DSCN5282.JPG

1428084454-DSCN5283.JPG

1428084486-DSCN5284.JPG

1428084509-DSCN5285.JPG

1428084530-DSCN5286.JPG

Now that I actually own a lovely Japanese Manaslu 96, I can easily see that it most truly deserves all the accolades that have been heaped upon it by other owners! It is very well designed, and a fine example of masterful Japanese workmanship! As much as I am tempted to keep it unfired, it calls to me to be fired up and used, and so it shall be!!! Thanks for checking out my new little 96, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. mr optimus

mr optimus United Kingdom Subscriber

Howdy Doc well done there on a out standing score what a absolute beauty.

The Manaslu is a really good quality well made looking stove, I really do adore these stoves that are made in this part of Asia Japan and south Korea, the quality and workmanship on these are outstanding.
    I really do like the design of the tin and the printed instructions that are on the inside of the lid. once again Doc well on a brilliant score its been well worth the wait :clap: :clap: :clap:

3. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Good for you, Doc!

Ken in NC

4. linux_author

an interesting exercise is to hold up your Manaslu 96 side-by-side with a Primus 96 - is it my imagination, or does the Manaslu have a larger capacity? (i have not done any measurement, but may in the near future)

willie
    on the sunny, 82F Gulf of Mexico

5. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

It has a larger burner, to be sure!

6. kerry460

kerry460 Australia R.I.P.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D/

kerry

7. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Willie (Linux Author) said,

Stoveuser set his Radius 96 alongside his Manaslu HERE

Of course, unusual for a '96' type of stove the Manaslu doesn't have a lipstick vapouriser burner but a tube roarer type, Optimus 00 sized.

John

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  8. Ridge

Ridge United States Subscriber

Well done, Doc! :clap:

You know, it's a nice stove and all, but until I see a flame shot with your smiling face behind it sporting a big ol' mug of Earl Grey, I ain't buying it!

C'mon Man, fire that bad boy up!!! :p

Ridge

9. Doc Mark

Hey, Ridge,

Sorry Mate, but you're going to have to wait for this one, as I'll not fire it up "just because", but instead, want to use it for the first time on a camping trip!! As we're in the super busy time of year for our little business, and thank God for it, I'm not sure we'll get time to camp for a while yet. But, not to worry, this one WILL be fired, when I can actually enjoy using it for something fun! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

10. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy R.I.P.

Afternoon Mark!

Superb stove. I think what would be fun would be to go over to Japan, visit, grab up a Manaslu stove, have a little ramen (real ramen), take a few pictures, have a great time, and see the sights. Of course, that would be fun in many other places in the world too!

sam

11. Doc Mark

Morning, Sam,

Yes, indeed, it would be great to visit Japan, to enjoy the people, the sights, and the food, as well as to do some Manaslu stove hunting!! I seem to remember that some of our CCS Mates have done so, and don't recall then getting great deals, if memory serves. But, at least the availability would very probably be better than it is outside of Japan. If you ever plan such a trip, let us know, and if we have time, and some extra coin, we might like to join you!! Thanks for your always nice comments, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

12. Doc Mark

Greetings, Stovies,

As promised, I did fire up my little Japanese stove, and here is a YT video I posted this morning, showing the little Manaslu 96 in action. I hope you enjoy it:

Thanks for viewing, and I can heartily recommend you seeking out and buying one of these wonderful little stoves!! The Japanese Manaslu 96 certainly must be right up there with the "Best of Breed" contenders, when it comes to the 96 type stoves!!! Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc