1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAXIE INDESTRUCTIBLE

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by jamiec, May 8, 2011.

1. jamiec

1304832745-IMG_5531__560x420_.jpg
    Hi all i just picked up this today at the local market it looked interesting so i bagained it down and got it now i am trying to learn all about it. I can't find much info on the web so hope i have come to the right place. If someone can tell me how you fill it up and opperate it that would be great. Are these a rare item?

Thanks jamie

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. bajabum

bajabum United States R.I.P. Subscriber

Meths only, fill is on top of the tank.Gravity feed.
    Open the valve, fill up the priming depression, shut off the valve, light.
    When it's almost out, open the valve...
    Hey Presto!
    Not rare, but nice! Enjoy!!!

3. jamiec

Hi i can't see anyway to get the metho into the tank can you tell me more please.

cheers jamie

4. bajabum

bajabum United States R.I.P. Subscriber

The round thing on top of the tank...
    Unscrew it...

5. jamiec

I tried to unscrew it but did not want to brake it as was not sure it was ment to unscrew i guess it has stuck a bit over time.The bloke i bought it off had it in his shed for over ten years in a box i will try some wd40 spay on it.

Thanks jamie

6. Lance United States

jamiec try rocking it back and forth twisting and turning all the while. This is hopefully an all copper tank and the bits are stuck together with a bit of corrosion. They should loosen with a bit of work.

Do not use pliers, or anything other than your hands to move it as it is made of very thin metal and you very well may ruin the fill cap.

lance

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  7. jamiec

Ok good news i got the top off with out wrecking it. Is the tube at the bottom that takes the metho to the burner supposed to have some sort of stuff in it as i don't seem to get enough fuel through to get much flame for long after the lighting of the pre heater. As there seems to be something in the tube.
    thanks jamie

8. cazna New Zealand

There should be a cotton wick wrapped around wire in there, If it runs out of fuel when in use this can get burned and slow the fuel. You prob need to keep the top cap open a little when using it as if its closed it will let some fuel through, then slowly stop as it gets and airlock it the tank, Leave the cap open a few turns when in use, Just like a touring turm, but be cure to close it when done of you could spill fuel.

9. jamiec

Good news i now have the stove working :D/ after some poking with wire and a little bit of compressed air and tapping with a soft bar all sweet :mrgreen:
    Thanks for everones help.
    1305356044-IMG_5534__560x420_.jpg 1305356075-IMG_5536__560x420_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015