Meva No.1 RC

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Littledre, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Littledre

I have included the before and after pictures here.
    1236350287-Meva_opt.jpg

Bargain at eight quid.

1236350320-Meva_b_opt.jpg

1236350379-Meva_a_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Looking good, but where's the flame? 8)

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Den,
    Your Meva is looking good.
    A very smart fettle.
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

4. Littledre

Graham I cheated and put the Meva back together without washers. I have ordered some Heat-Resistant washers from Kerophile and Sefa (sefaudi) has supplied me with some pump leathers. Tank holds pressure so I will fire her up soon. One thing I have noticed is how light this stove is. I have heavier 1/2 pints than this.

5. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Hi Den,

Kerophile has mentioned on several occasions that Meva utilised far thinner brass plate than other manufacturers, and they therefore appear more prone to stress cracking over time.

6. Littledre

Graham I have noticed a small 1 inch long crack in the brass. I have pumped it up and it seems to hold pressure. If its knackered it will still look good on display as it does now.

7. mr optimus

mr optimus United Kingdom Subscriber

very nice fettle littlede that has come up realy well indeed and you will be more than pleased with sefaudis pump cups in my opinion thay are far better than original cups. But a shame about the stress crack but i whould not be tempted to fire it up even though paraffin no where near as volatile as petrol but after half hour in a runnig stove it gets hot and becomes very volatile i know you know the obvious being a realy great fettler just in case you get tempted as you say it will look fantastic on display only once again littlede very well done :clap: