1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "new" Tilley Titan stove!

Discussion in 'Tilley' started by Doc Mark, Feb 20, 2011.

1. hikerduane

hikerduane United States Subscriber

Can I have the daisies for my plain rail 22B to spruce it up? :)

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark United States Subscriber

Hey, HikerDuane,

I had to think about that one for a bit, to see where you were going with it!! :-k :-k :-s :-s :idea: :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, the pot supports on this Titan stove are quite different than the "daisies" on that version of the 22B!! Similar, at first glance, but up close and personal, very different. But, at least I can now see what you had in mind. 8) :content: Sorry, but you'll have to grow your own "daisies", as the Titan would miss them if I sent them off to you! ;) :lol: :lol: Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

3. Grockle

I have owned one of these stoves since over 35 years when I moved from the UK to Switzerland. It's great in particular the grill. Unfortunately, recently the gas tap which connects the stove hosepipe to the Camping Gaz 907 gas cylinder has blocked and I cannot use it anymore. I have tried in Camping Gaz centers in Exeter, UK and also written to the Camping Gaz headquarters in Switzerland but nobody can supply me with a replacement tap unfortunately.
    Do you or anyone else have a suggestion for a solution. I see that there is a tap for the 907 Camping Gaz cylinder, but it has an incompatible thread on the outlet. Maybe the solution would be a new hose. What is the connection of the hose inside the stove because I can't get to it because it is riveted.
    Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

4. Donnod123

Neil, it is very easy to replace the hose. Slid inside the hose is a male end and I have used a jubilee clip to hold the hose on mine. This for me is the first fix, but I am waiting to take my stove into the local commercial hose manufacturers to see if they can help again.

If you have lost the camping gaz tap you can sometimes find these on ebay, but another option seems to be an adjustable regulator. Dial it to 1bar (this seems to be the output that people say campingaz bottles are).

Good luck and hope you see this post.

5. Spiritburner

Spiritburner United Kingdom Admin Subscriber

Great tip re adj regulator.