1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mystical no brand gas stove

Discussion in 'China' started by Li Ding, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Li Ding Singapore

24rmb,yes is 24rmb! less than four dollars. two isobutane gas is more expensive then this.
    i never seen a outdoor stove so cheap. and it's simmer good . i like it

001.jpg
    002.jpg
    003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Wim

Wim Belgium Subscriber

Judging by the size of the burner, it'll give a lot of heat at full throttle I guess!

Regards,

Wim

3. Primus 96 United Kingdom

The going rate is around six UK pounds, delivered of course.
    The stove is most like a Bulin BL100-B8, but there's no ignitor.
    Who really knows how many workshops make these stoves, mixing & matching different characteristics.
    Hmm.

Better value/more usable than the $6 micro special?
    Li: How wide is that burner? I have something else with a silent burner, another Bulin look-alike. I just wanted to get an idea about it's power & what size of pot will sit comfortably on this burner.

4. Primus 96 United Kingdom

Didn't last long before I succumbed to the 'itch'.

I believe that the stove breaks down by unscrewing the burner head and the pot supports may rotate so they're all flat to pack in less space.

5. Primus 96 United Kingdom

It arrived. this thing is huge.
    You can see it sitting in my right hand.
    The burner head is 76mm across, tapering to 66mm across the top. It is formed from two stamped pieces of metal.
    Pot supports are 115mm wide closed, or 170mm when opened. This is a monster of a burner, almost the size of the largest burner on our domestic cooker.
    I am not sure how it compares to one of those singe-burner A4 canister stoves yet, but I think it is around the same size.
    I have ignited it already but it was the middle of the day & the flame is virtually invisible then.
    The burner is the sort of thing for conducting a monster fry-up in a full-sized domestic pan because the spread of heat is going to be wide.
    At the time I wrote this the burner cost 5.54 UK pounds, or 9.10 US dollars post free from China.

1411131180-100_0992.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  6. Primus 96 United Kingdom

I took this beast out with me: Boiled a pan of milk in no time. As I was doing a pasta dish I needed a simmer. The stove is capable of that but needs to be turned down very low indeed.
    The burner head doesn't have a mesh behind the burner holes as does a Bleuet. At a very low level you can get a under-burn given a unwelcome puff of wind disrupting the flames.
    I finished off the pasta over my Trangia #27 & simmer ring.

7. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

It is the same burner I used with an A4 canister converter to heat my Nutbrown Toaster here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015