1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No-Name wire leg gas stove

Discussion in 'China' started by Primus 96, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Primus 96 United Kingdom

The stove arrived in a white cardboard box, with no identifying paperwork
    It closely resembles the Bulin B100-B3.

1409904360-100_0922s.jpg

However the actual Bulin product appears to have a slightly different ignitor and 'Bulin' is engraved on the ignitor and the base of the anodised block that holds the legs & is also ported for the gas inlet.

Here is my stove unfolded.
    1409904424-100_0926s.jpg

As can be seen the stove comes in a draw-string bag to keep everything together.
    The ignitor works first time, whether the gas is high or low. Boil time is 5 min for a Trangia #27 kettle. I dare say that time would be improved on if there was zero wind & with a full gas container, because I was using a 3/4 empty bayonet butane canister via a adapter

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Nordicthug United States

Mountlake Terrace, in the Puget Sound basin.
    fifteen years ago I bought two nearly identical to those, one for me and one for my late son, Arne. I've still got mine, Arne's was destroyed in one use from his camping partner pulling it apart in the attempt to fold it. I never could get it to stay together and not leak fuel after that. I used the canister attachment, valve and hose to cobble together a broken Hank Williams stove for Arne to use. That one still works too.

I am of the opinion that these stoves are a take-off of the Whisperlite stove. Whatever, they do work well enough. A Whisperlite alumin(i)m wind screen works wonders with them.

Gerry

3. Primus 96 United Kingdom

Maybe the Bulin is the 'original' & this example is a clone by another concern.
    The MSR Whisperlite in it's earliest form is not like this.
    The MSR burner head is a knock-off of a form originally used by Coleman on the #500, #502 and later stoves.
    The profile of this gas burner is very like the burner of the notorious Coleman 501.
    I haven't used it in the field yet as I took the #502 out to play yesterday.