Optimus 22B detached clip

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Robin, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Robin

Hi all,

I've just got my grubby mitts on a 22B. One of the clips that holds the control stem in the case has become detached. Any suggestions as to the best way to re-attach it. It looks like it was previously spot welded. Other than that wherecan I find a new case :D I know, no hope

Thanks

Robin

2. Nordicthug

Nordicthug R.I.P.

I don't know where you are, but some auto body shops are set up to spot weld and may be able to reweld it for you. Failing that, try an air conditioning or sheet metal shop.

Nordicthug

3. Misseelee781

Hi, Robin
    My 22B had the same problem. A 111 also had the hinge pin come adrift from its welds. Having previously disposed of my gas bottles (why do you always find that you need something when it's gone :? ) a mate of mine kindly brazed (bronze welding?) the parts back together. Much easier and more predictable than spot welding thin metal parts like the clip. The heat didn't make it lose any of its tension either. As a job it took just seconds to do - my guess is that any local garage mechanic would do it for the price of a pint during a lunch break ;)
    Steve

4. Robin

Thanks for the reply..............i did wonder about trying to solder it on................it shouldn't get that hot...........

Cheers

Robin

5. Nordicthug

Nordicthug R.I.P.

If yoiu're going to try to solder it, there are inexpensive high strength silver bearing solders that are easy to use.

Nordicthug

6. Robin

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a try.

Cheers

Robin