1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parasene 1/2 Pint with Zora Burner

Discussion in 'Parasene' started by z1ulike, Jan 22, 2015.

1. z1ulike

z1ulike United States Subscriber

Apparently this is an unmarked 1/2 pint Parasene stove. It has a Zora roarer burner which puts out a good amount of heat and seems large for a stove this size. It came with a nifty little aluminum carrying case which fits everything if you pack it just so.

1421970674-1_-_Parasene_Zora_vs._Optimus_111.JPG 1421970686-2_-__Zora_in_box.JPG 1421970693-3_-_Parasene_unlit.JPG 1421970701-4_-_Pump_knob.JPG 1421970709-5_-_Cap.JPG 1421970719-6_-_Zora_burner_plate.JPG 1421970726-7_-_Burner_with_plate.JPG 1421970735-8_-_Burner_without_plate.JPG 1421970742-9_-_Flame_shot.JPG 1421970748-10_-_Kettle.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. magikbus

magikbus United States Subscriber

Nice little stove! Does it have a travel cap? Maybe on the pump knob?
    Stan

3. z1ulike

Stan - Good eye. I'm missing the travel cap, the wrench, and pricker. I've got some spare Parasene parts on the way from England which should remedy the problem. In the meantime I have to drain the tank before putting it back in its little box.

4. The Bird

The Bird New Zealand Subscriber

Heavens!!!

That's a stonkin' great burner for such a wee stove!!!

What is the tank capacity I wonder?

In any event, Parasene make very good stoves.

Many thanks for sharing it.

Best regards,

Mike.

5. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Sweden Subscriber

Great presentation of a great little stove!

These sort of photos are perfect for the Gallery. Do you reckon that the box is original? If it is, it's a weird thing Parasene didn't mark them with their brand name.

Regards,
    Frank

6. Reginol Norway

The aluminium case is original. Found the same stove in Norway a long time ago. Does anybody know when parasene made those small stoves?

Regards Arvid

7. itchy United States

Nice stove and pictures Ben.

Interesting burner. It looks like you might be able to remove the flame plate and drop in an inner and outer silent burner cap.

8. kaw550red

kaw550red United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Ben

I think whilst the Zora may have been made by Berlyns who made Parasene it was sold as a brand in its own right. I have checked Zora in the list of brand names and the manufacturer is blank so it may not have been made by Berlyns

Sometimes ironmongers had their own brand name and sold rebranded stoves under their own brand name.

I have no real idea who owned the Zora brand.

Never the less the stove is a very nice find

9. z1ulike

Bryan - I agree that the unbranded stove body was probably made by Berlyns. It is identical to their branded Parasene model. As you suggest Berlyns may well have sold these unbranded stove bodies to a third party who fitted them out with the aluminum box, the Zora burner, and sold them under the Zora brand. But until some concrete information surfaces, there's just on way to tell. There were a couple of other examples of this stove in the Parasene gallery so posted mine there as well.

10. kaw550red

kaw550red United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Ben

I am sorry I must have expressed myself badly. I was not criticising where you had put your stove. I was trying to explain the situation about its maker.

Berlyns owned and used the brand name Parasene. However they also made "own" brand stoves for other people. They made Two Tigers and Plumbob brands but I have no idea who owned those brand names. When they made another brand name stove it was complete and ready to use because the people they were making for were sellers without any manufacturing capacity.

I am sorry I made a mistake. Your title is perfectly correct. I was searching through other stoves and came across this one http://classiccampstoves.com/threads/849 If you look at the instructions on the reply you will see your title is correct and I was wrong.

I wonder who owned the Zora brand name?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  11. z1ulike

Bryan - No sir, you did not express yourself badly and I did not take anything you wrote as criticism. I'm sorry to have left that impression. On the contrary, you are very well written and have shed a lot of light on my little stove. Thank you. I've noticed that misunderstandings like this crop up fairly often around here and demonstrate the limitations of communicating in writing where you can't judge demeanor by facial expression, tone of voice, and hand gestures.

I was originally going to put my stove in the "Mystery Stove" category because it was unmarked except for the burner. But when I did a site search for "Zora" I found other examples of my stove in the Parasene section and posted it there instead. What you say about these unmarked stoves having an applied "Zora" label makes a lot of sense. With any luck an example with an intact label or in an original box will surface one day. I hadn't noticed it before but you're right about the burner looking like a silent burner converted to a roarer. Whatever the case it works well.

12. z1ulike

Bryan - I just checked that link you provided and looked at the last page which shows that you are correct, Parasene did sell a stove with a Zora burner. That's terrific now I can quit wondering.

13. z1ulike

The spare travel cap, wrench, and prickers arrived from GB. They came from a Parasene 2 pint stove but are the same as my missing Zora parts. That and some most excellent burner washers from "The Fettle Box" and all's right with the world.

1422987464-Reserve_Lid.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  14. z1ulike

CORRECTION

The most excellent burner washers came from George "Kerophile" not The Fettle Box. Senior moment for sure.