Parasene 2 pint stove (230?) fitted with 'silent' burner

Discussion in 'Parasene' started by Go Scout, May 8, 2016.

1. Go Scout

Arrived yesterday with all parts. Year unknown. Quick clean and rinse out, new jet, burner washers and filler cap seal. Outer cap had some 'gunked up' holes, so ran a 1mm drill through each. Pump leather as received, but added some of drips of oil to pump tube for good measure. Tested out doors in slight to no breeze - works brilliantly!

20160508_181759.jpg 20160508_181956.jpg 20160508_182122.jpg 20160508_183931.jpg 20160508_183913.jpg 20160508_184103.jpg 20160508_184013.jpg 20160508_143859.jpg

Features 'raised' lettering, rather than 'depressed'.

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

3. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Nothing depressing about the outcome. Great job.

John

4. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy R.I.P.

Way to Go Scout! Fantastic polish job. Love the raised lettering.

sam

5. Go Scout

Hi George and John,

I am very humbled by your kind words, thank you.

Of course, I have seen the work under taken by both of you and know my effort is not a patch on what either of you two can achieve. It could probably do with a bit more buffing up, but that means losing a bit more metal, so I'll leave it as it is. I think it certainly looks better than when I received it!

I saw the other stoves in the library and I also looked at the adverts, instructions etc. as I was hoping to find the model number. I came across these lighting instructions and this box label and a couple of other bits in the libraries and am guessing that mine could be a 230(?), fitted with a silent burner (the manufacturer offers the choice of silent or roarer for the same stove body). Information about Parasene stoves seems a bit thin on the ground. Any thoughts on model no. would be welcome, as it would be 'nice to know'.

Many thanks once again

Baz

6. presscall

Heck, Baz, I'm blushing. Maybe you've only relatively recently turned your hand to stove fettling but you've obviously got the skills.

The information you've located on the Parasene exceeds my knowledge of the model by a wide margin! Ironic, really, that information on our home-grown products can be more sparse than those from the Swedish manufacturers. Something to do with comparative volume of production and extent of export markets maybe.

John

7. Big Si

Big Si Subscriber

Good work on the stove, I love the silents,

Si

8. Julian

Julian United Kingdom Subscriber

On the face of it this stove looks to be collapsible, removable legs, but the way the burner attaches on face value doesn't appear collapsible. Are these stoves intended to be truly collapsible or are the removable legs just an affectation. Would be interested in any thoughts.

9. Sellig33

Sellig33 France SotM Winner Subscriber

Nice stove, and run well !

10. presscall

@Julian Cushworth They’re not collapsible in any useful way since the burner’s not intended to be removed and the burner riser is fixed. Maybe removable pan supports makes them a bit less awkward to store on a shelf, but I can’t think of any real benefit.

To create a properly collapsible/packable stove the burner would have to seal to the tank in such a way that the joint could be made/dismantled/re-made, using a lead washer (‘96’ stove types) or self-sealing tapered threads (Primus 210, Optimus 00).

11. kerophile

The partly collapsible stoves still offer a greater packing density over fixed leg stoves of the same tank size.
    Alternate layers of stoves would be stacked reversed and interlocked.
    The dealers margin would therefore be increased.

Best Regards
    Kerophile.

12. kerophile