1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parasene Range 600

Discussion in 'Parasene' started by theyellowdog, Oct 13, 2009.

1. theyellowdog New Zealand

Parasene range with silent burner
    The instructions are for the 600 and 700. I guess the 700 is the double burner version.
    I posted this in the fettling forum when I restored it, posting here too as I just noticed the other parasene ranges posted are roarers.
    I have just sold this one, hope it gives many future owners years of good service.
    It has rubber feet. A nice simple design, light but sturdy.

Dan

1255395667-parasene_range_001_640x480.jpg 1255395719-parasene_range_002_640x480.jpg 1255395769-parasene_range_003_640x480.jpg 1255395809-parasene_range_004_640x480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Tubbyfraser

Very nice it is too and it sports the regular Parasene plastic/bakelite pump knob.

I can imagine that in my shed with my Simplex copper kettle atop.

Thanks for sharing.

3. The Bird

The Bird New Zealand Subscriber

Hello all,
    Mike's me name, and this is my first post here, though I've been lurking about a bit, soaking up the wisdom. I bought this stove from Dan, and he's right, it goes like a rocket!!! Boils a 2.5 litre Thermette in about 9min. Very happy with it. My simple addition was to fit a small copper end-cap on the side, with a small copper tube down to the spirit cup. Made it so much easier to prime (couldn't get the meths bottle in there.) This is one of a few I've bought from Dan, and have enjoyed 'em all. He has helped me a lot with his knowledge, and you all have furthered the sharing. You have my deepest appreciation, Dan and all.

Cheers,

Mike.

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom Subscriber

Welcome Mike!

Hawke's Bay's NZ, so Dan's a neighbour, kind of, yeah? You'll be enjoying a hot Christmas I expect.

A photo of your priming arrangement for the stove would be great.

All the best, mate,

John