Problem with an Enders 9061

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by cabofdoom, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Chef BC

Hobo, Sorry for the late reply. I am not sure if I have ever seen a pre-1950s Enders stove except for some scans of the catalogues here on this site. I owned an Enders 9060 at one time but stupidly sold it. The link I had posted for it is here:
    Restoration -vs- Ruin I never had the balls to take it apart 'cept for oiling the pump cup, which could have easily been swapped into a 3 legged brassie looking nearly identical. As you may know the older 9060s are simpler design and without a cleaning needle. Only a single fuel valve and no shut off lever. I hated myself as much as I would a child molester after selling my 9060 but what made it worse, it went to one of those Asian sniping exporters. It's lost forever. :rage: :rage: :rage:
    I have just purchased either my 14th or 15th 9061 from an EB seller in Australia. I will let you know how it goes.
    Chef/Harold

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  2. hobowonkanobe

Not right now, but in the near future, I might be in the market for a good solid (notice I didn't say pretty paint job?) working 9091 pref with a roarer mod to it. The silents on the 9061 and newer 9060s drove me to fits.

3. Chef BC

Hob, That's right, you do prefer the roarers don't you? 8)

4. hobowonkanobe

5. orsoorso

orsoorso Subscriber

I would be HAPPY to purchase a couple of silent Emders burnes, so, if you swap to roarer (sorry, I hve none for excange) you got the purchaser of the discarded silent burner.

Have fun

Orsoorso

6. cabofdoom

We have ignition :clap:

zpfile001.jpg

Thank you all for your help

COD

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
  7. hobowonkanobe

:clap: :clap: :clap: bravo. Mine NEVER ran like that. I have no idea if it was knowledge, experience or patience, but I didn't have it. Hence my disinterest in silents; Enders' 9061, 9060(E?) all but identical to this model, and several kero stoves, always had issues with silents, with one notable exception, Phoebus 625.... sold it before I knew what I was doing :rage: :rage: :rage: :roll:

8. Blingiton2

Hi, new here and hoping for a few solutions? I have an enders 9061 which I have purchased and after sitting for yrs , I cleaned the fuel tank out removed buner freed up needle valve. Filled tank with alcohol pumped tank, good pressure tied to light nothing, over and over. Removed needle valve again to check and needle broke. Not getting fuel from tank to burner how do I resolve. I now need a needle valve , any help would be greatly appreciated...

9. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Try some Coleman fuel, it's not an alky burner...
    Spare parts are NOT common, try to get another stove for parts...

10. Wim

Wim Subscriber

Hi Bling, like baja said, this is a white gas stove, you only need the alcohol in the pre-heat cup under the burner. The burner will work without the needle, so first make sure all else works and then you can worry about finding another needle. Good pressure in the tank, and no fuel at the burner means there is a blockage somewhere. There is a post on how to dismantle the 9061 somewhere in the fettling forum (master class I think) so best have a look over there first.

Have fun!

Best regards,

Wim

11. Rick b

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  12. cabofdoom

reviving and old thread...My Enders has been sitting for a couple years...went to fire her up and it started spewing fuel out of the fuel adjustment valve. As I had this problem before with this stove and fixed it replacing the graphite washer, my question is this....Can the graphite deteriorate just sitting idle?

13. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

No more than the lead in a pencil can. Tightening the packing nut has had no effect?

14. cabofdoom

It's as tight as can be

15. cabofdoom

I might be using the wrong term when I say fuel adjustment valve. this is where it's leaking...I think the phrase used earlier in this thread was "mini Chernobyl"

[​IMG]

16. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Here are the components. The graphite seals on the control valve spindle and the pricker spindle (top) are the cylindrical objects towards the left-hand end of each spindle.

IMG_4171.JPG

17. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Maybe try to loosen/backoff a bit, then tighten until just able to turn the spindle.

18. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber