1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM one-pint Picnic stove.

Discussion in 'RM MFG & Engineering Co Ltd' started by kerophile, Feb 18, 2011.

1. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi, here are some photos from my archives of a one-pint picnic stove outfit.
    I have posted in in RM category, but it could equally be placed under Thermidor or Veritas, as there are no manufacturer's mark remaining on my stove.
    Near identical stoves of this type were sold under the RM, Veritas and Thermidor brands.

1298036487-St.10.-Rm-Th-Ver-1.jpg 1298036502-St.10.-Rm-Th-Ver-2.jpg 1298036518-St.10.-Rm-Th-Ver-3.jpg 1298036531-St.10.-Rm-Th-Ver-4.jpg 1298036546-St.10.-Rm-Th-Ver-5.jpg

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. campinut United States

Once I saw this post I had to comment. Great looking just the way it is. I love the case and all the fixins! I don't have any info on the makers I am just an admirer. I like the idea of just grabbing the case and having everything you need when you take off. Great patina, Just way cool, thanks for the great pics too...campinut.. :clap: :clap:

3. itchy United States

On my monitor the pot supports look a little like they might be aluminum, oops, aluminium, are they?

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Itchy. Yes, the three stove "makes" discussed above and some of the small Monitor stoves used Aluminium for legs for many years following WW2.

Steel was tightly rationed during this period because of re-building after war damage. There was a lot of non-rationed Aluminium available because of the cut-back in aircraft construction, so it was used for stove legs amongst other things.

The first Landrover vehicles had Aluminium body panels for the same reason. They were also classed as Agricultural vehicles, rather than automobiles, so that they could jump the queue for scarce resources.

Ah the good old days.....I don't think

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.