Rocket No.0 stove vs Optimus 111B

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Teaspoon, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Teaspoon

I do not have a kero stove yet in my collection and saw these new Rocket No.0 stoves from India and was wondering if they would make a good first kero brassie stove. For the same amount of money I can also get a 111B which is not kero used which will be a big brother to my 8R, what would be your suggestion. Thank you :)

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Welcome to CCS.
    I know you joined a year ago, but ... You have now 'joined' us.

I do not understand your comparison of the Rocket No 0 Stove to an Optimus 111B. Other than a stove they have no similar characteristics.
    Can you elaborate a bit more?

I only found the Rocket No 0 Stove on eBay sold by Bella****? (A&H/packstoves.net)

Ken in NC

3. Teaspoon

Thank you for the welcome. There really isn't any comparison between the two stoves really , other than I want to add another stove to my collection of small stoves (8R,99,Seva 123R). I guess what I'm asking is anyone opinions on this rocket stove. I know the reputation of the 111B, its just a decision of what to buy myself for Christmas..ha ha..I really do like kerosene and have been wanting a brass stove like this rocket type for quite a while but don't want to waste my money on something I might not be as reputable or repairable as another brand.I tried to look up any information on this rocket brand on this forum but came up blank.I also realize that the value of a optimus 111B is higher, but its nice to discover and learn about a different design of stove to be well rounded in search of the blue flame :)
    P.S. yes that is the ebay seller that has the stove.

4. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Ok, well, the 111B burns white gas/Coleman Fuel not kerosene.
    The 111 burns kerosene.
    The 111T burns white gas, kerosene, or alcohol as long as the jets and air restrictors are changed accordingly.

I searched the web and got no information about the Rocket No 0 Stove. There are many classic/vintage kerosene stoves that have a great reputation, for a bit less than the 111B.

Ken in NC

5. geneislucky

Howdy Teaspoon, you are planning a fine holiday gift for yourself...another stove. Enjoy it whichever stove it turns out to be.

6. cmb56

cmb56 Sweden Subscriber

Hello and welcome.

I think you should go with the Optimus 111B.

The Rocket No. 0 seems to be an unknown stove here and Indian stoves have usually low quality.

The Prahbat stoves are of Indian manufacture and are quite common, at least in Europe. They are of an acceptable quality.

I think it is better if you start to look after a "real" brass stove, like Optimus, Primus, Radius or any other European made classic stove. Japanese Manaslu makes very good stoves too.

Michael

7. Ray123

Ray123 Subscriber

I agree with Michael's post above. I think you'd do better going for a 111B. These stoves are great performers and should hold their value in the long run.

I have no experience with the Liberty Rocket no.0 but my first kero stove was an Indonesian made Butterfly. This stove has been fueled since I bought it four years ago and I still use it from time to time but have a Svea silent burner on it now and the stove burns nicely. I had three Butterfly burners and none burned with a nice concentric flame pattern. One had a big glob of brazing on the jet seat and you could see the jet slanting instead of pointing straight up.

If you do go for a kero burner there are better choices as other's have posted. Go for any of the Swedish models or a German Petromax. The Japanese and S.Korean stoves are also good quality and don't forget the British.

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Good Morning, Teaspoon,

Welcome to CCS!! I agree with all that's been suggested, so far, and believe you will derive far more pleasure, and service, from the 111B than from the Rocket #0. Having said that, however, I have to note that, recently, some decent kero burners have been coming out of India, from an unknown (to me) company, which seem to be a huge step upwards in quality, compared to the Indian-made stove and lantern that I bought many years ago.

I should ask Shirlene, from A&H, if she would loan me a Rocket stove to test, and we can find out about the quality and serviceability of that crop of Indian stoves. Hummmm...... :-k :-k .

Teaspoon, get a 111B, or a straight 111, for kero, or do as Ken hinted, and seek out a good 111T (kero, Coleman fuel, and Meths), and you will be good to go!! Good luck in your decision, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

9. Teaspoon

Thank you fellas, your comments and suggestions made me decide to hold off and find a high quality brass stove instead of a rocket/liberty stove. I will be keeping an eye out for a good deal on those suggested to get me started. I do really want a kero stove so I will pass on the 111B and hope something comes my way. Again, you guys are great!! :D

10. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

I'd get a 111T, best of all stoves(as long as you don't have to backpack it too far...) :thumbup:

11. Sparky

Sparky Subscriber

I have read, probably here, that the brass on the Indian stoves is thinner than on the Swedish versions. That translates to more dents and punctures as I see it.

12. Richit R Shah

Good Morning Friend,

Mysel Richit R Shah From Palam Stove Industries, India.

We are the Manufacturer of the Rocket / Liberty Kerosene Stove.

I Have go through all the message above. you all Friends are talking about the Quality or comparing the stoves with many other brands.

We just need to explain you the simple formula. Every Company has there own quality. Quality is totally depend on the Raw material. Raw Material of each & every country are little bit different. So there will be difficultly quality difference of our Manufacturing Stoves with other Brand. Each & Every company to their best to manufacturer Best quality Materials.

Comparing of stove of each & every company is not easy. But we give Best Qualities of Camping Stoves & spare parts in the world. We exports many countries & we have maintain only single quality of Goods.

If you required our stoves, then please let us know so we can help out with direct dealers of your countries of our product if their is available or else we can send you directly as per your requirements.

Thanks And Regards
    Richit R Shah

13. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Are your products now CE marked for sale in the EU & Turkey?