Sievert Sobra 315

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by optipri, Apr 17, 2016.

1. optipri

When I was restoring the Sobra 305 I noticed a post of this 315 on a Swedish collectors site.
    I was interested in the instruction folder but got the luck to trade for the stove too.
    So here it is, the budget version made of nickel plated steel. Most parts seems to be the same for the both stoves. Note the foldable pump holders. Unfortunately is pump missing on this one too.
    It came with original box and splash plate underneath.

Bo

CIMG8704.JPG CIMG8705.JPG CIMG8706.JPG CIMG8707.JPG CIMG8708.JPG CIMG8709.JPG CIMG8710.JPG CIMG8711.JPG

2. The Bird

Hello Bo,
    Showing my ignorance, but would it be possible to adapt a small bicycle pump to the task? Perhaps make a substitute tank lid with a bicycle tyre valve attached? Not original, but perhaps enough to make the stove fully functional until you can find a suitable replacement, when you can then use the original cap again. Just a thought.

Best regards,

Mike.

3. optipri

Fact is that I have been thinking of that myself. I believe an ordinary one might work. Just have to find one in nickel and of the right size. I refuse to place a plastic one on this old stove. :x
    Maybe a task for the coming outdoor markets that soon will appear.

Bo

4. The Bird

Just a thought, the modern Mountain Bicycles use a larger valve, almost similar to an automobile tyre valve. These are usually metal, and you can get metal caps for them. Just a thought.

Best regards,

Mike.