1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigg Fuel Bottle cap

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by john golden, Jan 11, 2017.

1. john golden United States

Dear fellow stove enthusiasts. Greetings from The Great Smoky Mountains. As you may or may not be aware, we were recently and unnecessarily ravaged by man-made wildfires. Some of us lost material things others lost more. Moving on, I am hopeful that someone can direct me to whomever makes/modifies Sigg fuel bottle tops with the PE tubing and necessary breathing hole. We are now living full time in our VE 24 and regular fill refills on the old Peak 1 are a bit of a hassle. So very blessed to be able to kiss my wife and my puppy before going to bed........hope you will do the same. Peace, TN Banjo Man

2. snwcmpr United States

I'm unclear what you need.
    I'm on the other side of the park from you.

Welcome.

Ken in NC

3. john golden United States

Thanks for the prompt reply Ken. If you are familiar with the SIGG bottle top, there is someone or a business entity that too the top, drilled approx 5mm hole on on side of the cap and a much smaller breathing hole on the opposite. Try google images for a better idea of what we are talking about. I have seen them on ebay but for the life of me, I ve searched under every possible key phrase/word I can think of and can t find them. Thanks hope you and yours are OK > , TN Banjo Man

4. snwcmpr United States

Oh, I see now. I know some members here have some.
    Are you out of a home and 'camping'?

5. john golden United States

for the foreseeable future in Kingsport......

6. john golden United States

Ken, Thanks for your help. Any idea how much or anyone in particular that might sell one or two?

7. john golden United States

I know that the two I lost with most of my gear, I bought while I was in Scouts in Knoxville......that would have been the 80's or so, but, I have not seen them since. I ve looked online on the SIGG, PRIMUS, TRANGIA, etc. and no one has any thing close. BTW, I have seen a "ring" for MSR bottle that lines up with the holes in MSR cap threads but they seem likely to spill plus, I have SIGG bottles.....

8. snwcmpr United States

Maybe we can find something to work, since no one is responding with the cap you asked for.

What do you need it to do?

The MSR ring will work with a SIGG bottle.
    MSR caps, old style, have two holes that will pour quite well without any added parts. They fit the Sigg bottle.
    Do you use a funnel?

Are you only using the Peak 1?

9. snwcmpr United States

10. john golden United States

P1 and Exponent....lantern (s) If I had the exact instructions, I could likely modify a stock cap to suit. I always thought it was so handy to have the funnel lid attached to the fuel bottle with a wire tie and or para cord. I used to have both the Coleman red spring loaded type for use with the Coleman fuel can as well as the old style aluminum funnel with the purple looking filter. The aluminum funnel was handy for the full sized lanterns and the dual burner stoves.

11. snwcmpr United States

Do you need a better stove? for family cooking?

12. john golden United States

I am going to try to overhaul my Peak as it leaks a bit. I had the links you sent then they vanished......but, while I could see them the modified SIGG was just what I was after,,,,

13. snwcmpr United States

Dinner time, be back later.

14. john golden United States

Ken, Do you have a stove you are looking to get rid of?

15. snwcmpr United States

16. itchy United States

John,
    Are you particular about that style cap or are you just looking for a good cap that pours well and fits Sigg bottles? While I don't have one, a lot of folks here really like the Trangia pour cap and as I understand it those do fit the standard Sigg, MSR, etc bottles. Ken will know for sure. I think those are a little pricier but you should be able to find them on Ebay or Amazon.
    Sounds like you do need a larger and more convenient stove.
    Hope things get back to normal for you soon.

17. john golden United States

Thank you Itchy, I ve tried both Amazon and ebay using all key words and phrases and I can't locate them. If you would like to sell a couple I would be in your debbt. So hard to even describe losing almost all of my gear (Some that was my late Dad's....from his old SEVEA to a Hank Robert;s not to mention his Class 5 day pack and Holubar sleeping bag. Also, His Browning Blegium 12 guage, his Weatherby 300 Magnum and his campaign badges from Vietnam. Plus, a lot of the gear we either bought together or I acquired during my trek to become an Eagle Scout. Still stuff, and not the types of loss that are human and absolutely irreplaceable. Plus, the pets.....we still have Stella, our little 5 pound Min-Pin. She is one of God's souls too. Peace, Tn Banjo Man

18. john golden United States

Thanks Ken, That is a super rare and I m sure collectible stove. I guess if I could replace the P1 I d like to stay small backpacking type. Thank you and God bless you for your generous offer.

19. OMC

OMC United States Subscriber

Welcome TN banjo man,
    Sorry to hear of your current challenges.
    It seems like your camp stove, fuel bottle needs will soon be met.
    I see it can be frustrating finding a replacement cap lately (most are child proof, not what you're seeking).
    I did not find a cap w/spout to recommend for you. These "were" widely available from 2 or 3 makers not so long ago, they will fit your SIGG bottle, this was REI's:
    spout.jpg

The shift to everything childproof, it could be that the above caps will no longer be available (I dunno). They used to be easy to find.

You may not be familiar but this MSR cap is a spout cap and fits SIGG. MSR offers multiple caps, this example is one most members are familiar with:
    msrexpedcap.jpg

Although you may not be familiar with it, it may suffice for you, the little hole is an integrated pour spout, they work good. You can find them from multiple sources including ebay $13 delivered, search MSR Expedition Fuel Bottle Cap.
    I wish you well, omc

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  20. john golden United States

Thanks Ken, OMC, Itchy, and I feel a ton better that you all simply took the time to help someone in need. If anyone would like to see a fill cap or a small Peak 1 or Exponent, Please let me know. Thanks again. And I hope and pray I can do something to help you. Peace and Blessings, TN Banjo Man