1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sirram Volcano Kettle

Discussion in 'Marris Ltd - (Sirram)' started by Trojandog, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Trojandog

Trojandog United Kingdom Subscriber

The auction of this set has just finished on Ebay. The photos are by kind permission of the seller. I have not seen this shape of conical water flask before.

1360348498-__KGrHqF__hEFDB_qo5tjBRC_MOEYS___60_12_opt.jpg 1360348513-__KGrHqV__qsFEFUeW9_rBRC_MIr_nQ__60_12_opt.jpg 1360348524-_T2eC16dHJG8E9nyfpmg_BRC_MSvB7w__60_12_opt.jpg

Regards,
    Terry

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. jbf

jbf Canada Subscriber

The shape is so it can fit Up into the bottom of the Kettle. Is there not a similar one maybe different maker on here someplace.
    john

3. jbf

jbf Canada Subscriber

http://classiccampstoves.com/posts/223221

Not sure if I did that right but it was your post that I saw. Some pictures of a young Charles and The D of E is feeding twigs into a Sirram Volcano Kettle. You can tell it is a Sirram, as the conical water container (unique to Sirram).

Is this then like a Quiz to find out if we pay real attention to your posts?
    I appreciate the time you spend and the details of your postings.

Thank You Sir.
    john

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  4. Trojandog

No John, not a quiz :lol: . It was just that I had not seen the conical water carrier with the step 1/3rd the way up. Maybe you were supposed to hold the stepped area whilst pouring? All the others I have seen are straight sided, like this one - Link . I'm not sure if the step is an older version that was changed, or a newer version.

Regards,
    Terry

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  5. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

Hello Terry

Nice stove. I also have only seen the non-stepped conical water container - or should I say that I have only noticed that one.

Any ideas of dates? - is the stepped one before the smooth-sided one?

6. Trojandog

Hi Trevor.

The kettle has the name plate fixed to the side, whereas my three all have the name on the top edge in raised relief. I think that the one with the plate is an earlier version as it is less common but I've got no evidence - just a feeling in the water. I've only seen one other with the plate.

Regards,
    Terry

7. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

Hi Terry

My thoughts are much the same as yours, unless someone can tell us different . . . . . :-k