Super Bleuet found at side of road, now working!

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by fireball_bob, Sep 17, 2016.

1. fireball_bob

Hello.
    Found a Bleuet at the side of the road months ago, used silicone spray to get everything moving again, a scrap of tube to get a bit of gas into the old can, and it works! Only managed to get enough gas in for about 30 seconds, but wanted to check it works before spending any more time on it.

The top bare metal parts I might clean up a little, not sure what to do with the painted bottom part. It has some rusty parts, but most of the original paint. Would like to preserve it as best as possible, was thinking to just wash it then give a light coat of oil. Thoughts?

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@fireball_bob
    Welcome to CCS,
    I'd recommend a safety check, described HERE, to prevent a too literal username.

John

3. fireball_bob

Yes, I plan on striping, replacing o-rings etc. Hoping the dome shaped washer will soften up a bit with the spray. How hard/soft are they supposed to be?

4. ArchMc

ArchMc SotM Winner Subscriber

I would do something to kill the rust, as it will continue to spread and deepen if you don't.

....Arch

5. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Not spongy and not rock hard. Enough to be indented by a fingernail and spring back.