Svea T-shirt 70s and 80s

Discussion in 'Stove Paraffinalia' started by ATin1988, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ATin1988

In the 1980s Campmor sold a t-shirt with the graphic of an an anthropomorphic mountain goat wearing an external frame backpack, hunched over a Svea stove. I've searched the internet for months, but have been unable to locate it.

If anyone remembers this, or maybe even has run across it on line, I would appreciate hearing about it.

1383518524-image.jpg

This is what it looks like, but the artwork is unusable of course.
    If anyone has a more pristine image, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. ATin1988

I believe the artist is Russ Nicholson.

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Greetings,

I remember when those T-shirts were offered for sale!! I really wanted one, but told myself, "I'll order a few of them, someday". Well, "someday" came and went, and eventually, those great T-shirts were no longer offered! I've never found one since then, either!!! ](*,) ](*,) :doh: ](*,) :-({|= :-({|= I'd LOVE to have a couple of them, in different colors, size XL!!! Thanks for sharing those old memories, and giving my own recollections a nudge! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Excellent! I think I may have found the tattoo I've been looking for! 8)

5. anlrolfe

Tattoo?

Peppermint Patty and the turtle or the Mt Goat??

AR

6. ATin1988

My avatar isn't Peppermint Patty. She's a character from Grammar Rock. The Adjective Song!

7. Spiritburner

The goat!

8. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

I saw that on a shirt recently. In a store. New and for sale. But, now I can't remember where.

Ken in NC

9. anlrolfe

Ah, yes.

The adventure with the big scary bear?

10. Doc Mark

Hey, Ken,

Have a good, strong cup of your special coffee, and put on your thinking cap!!! It would be great if you could remember where you saw that shirt, so a few of us can have them, if possible!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

11. Doc Mark

Greetings, All,

Well, all I can say is, "Many thanks, Ken"!!!! Today, a small surprise arrived in the Mail. Warnings abounded NOT to use a knife to open the small box, so I just muscled it open, sans blade, and guess what was inside??!! This:

1384043912-IMG_0530.jpg

Tried to take a photo of me wearing it, with my oldest SVEA 123, but it came out poorly.

1384044484-IMG_0529.jpg

But, here's my oldest SVEA 123, resting lovingly upon my new Old Goat T-shirt!!

1384044075-IMG_0531.jpg

I put on my detective hat, and found the place where this T-shirt was bought, then called and ordered a few more, just for grins. Only comes in white, at least at this place. But, hey, I'm just tickled to FINALLY get one of these, about 20+ years after first having wanted one!!

Thanks, again, Ken, and whilst enjoying my new Old Goat T-shirt, I am also enjoying some tea that you sent a while back. Still tastes outstanding: (Lap Sang) Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong! Strong, smoky, and very tasty, just the perfect thing for an Old Goat to be enjoying on top of his mountain!!! Thanks, again, Ken, and God Bless you and yours, always!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc, the Old Goat of CCS!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  12. Nordicthug

Nordicthug R.I.P.

Dad Gum It Doc, now you're just being mean!! Where'd you get the tee shirt? I remember it and want one too, now that I can afford it.

Lapsang Souchon is my favorite tea, I get mine from a tiny tea boutique in Edmonds, Wa. about a quarter mile as the sea gull flies from the salt chuck. (Salt Water) They have Rooibos tea as well. That one is good for very fast, short term relief of gout flare ups as well as having a delightful mild flavor. The place is amazing, I've been there three times now about three months apart. The last time they started making up my order before I got close to the counter. Both the ladies behind the counter were laughing about it while they rang me up. 1/4 pound of each, total with tax, less than $10.00.

Gerry

13. Doc Mark

Hey, Thugster,

The store where I assume Ken bought my gift, is in Asheville, NC, but the store has several other locations, too. It's called Mast Store Outfitters (since 1883). The Old Goat T-shirt is NOT on their webpage, so you will have to call them, and ask for it, in particular. Today, I ordered two extra large T-shirts, but they do have XXLarge, too, if you want some extra room. Right now, it only comes in white, and the original artist, Russ Nickelson, who first drew the image of the Old Goat and SVEA123 stove in 1978, still has his name on the shirt, just in a slightly different position than it was originally. I think the cost of the T-shirts is just less than $17.00 each, plus shipping. I bought two, just to have them for the future. If there is a huge demand, maybe the Mast Store will order them in different colors, too. And, if so, I'll most certainly purchase more of them, as I LOVE the Old Goat/SVEA 123 image!! You can Google The Mast Store, and find all their locations, hours, and phone number. It's all easy-peasy, and my hat is off to Ken for doing the original legwork on finding these great old T-shirts!!! Good luck, Gerry, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

14. snwcmpr

Send me a PM, I will send some.
    They have them in stock.
    I initially bought 4 Large. They have other sizes, smaller and larger.

Ken in NC

P.S. Nothing is free. Doc sent me a Coleman 400 (No Letter) and a kit to rebuild my MSR yellow pump. He covered all costs, so this is the least I could do.

15. Doc Mark

Hey, Ken,

I thank you, again, for the great T-shirt, but never feel that, just because something comes your way, you have to reciprocate. I don't give stuff, to get stuff. I just like sharing, and take pleasure in doing so. Still, I LOVE that T-shirt, and very much appreciate your kind gift!! I also enjoyed visiting with the Gal to whom I spoke when ordering two more of those neat shirts. She told me I REALLY need to come and visit Asheville, and that SB and I would really love it!!! I think that's a very nice thing for her for say, over and above, as it were, and it was gratifying to talk to a young person who was that friendly and thoughtful. Fun, all around!! Thanks, again, for the gift, and if we ever DO get near Asheville, you can bet your bippy that we'll have called you first, to make plans to visit!! ;) 8) :D Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

16. snwcmpr

Sorry Doc, I have been told I am too succinct.
    suc·cinct
    adjective \(ˌ)sək-ˈsiŋ(k)t, sə-ˈsiŋ(k)t\

: using few words to state or express an idea

But, quite often, I miss some of the details associated with it.
    I guess I was just grateful to receive the stove and kit, so when the request for 'where' came up, I decided to send one.

Ken in NC

17. Doc Mark

Hey, Ken,

Much appreciated!!!

Mark

18. Spiritburner

Good work! I'll be on the phone to them tomorrow!

19. Doc Mark

Hey, Ross,

Want me to order for you, then ship from my place? I'm sure they can take care of overseas shipping, but if there is any problem, at all, just let me know, and I'll be happy to take care of that for you. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

20. Spiritburner

Cheers Doc. Will let you know.