1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermidor picnic stove

Discussion in 'Samuel Heath & Sons' started by mr optimus, Jan 24, 2010.

1. mr optimus

mr optimus United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi here are some pics of my latest addition to my collection

1264339806-P1010161.gif

This is a really nice little stove by Samuel Heath & Sons a Thermidor picnic outfit it came complete with all it's extras the spirit can which is in superb condition with no leaks which in its self is hard to find . It has two prickers the instructions the spanner a spare filler cap washer and lead washer for the burner

1264340278-P1010003.gif

On close inspection every thing on this little outfit was all in good order so all i needed well wanted to do was to clean and polish this little gem and to tidy up the above solder repair to the leg even though it is fixed sound to the tank it just needed to be tided up a bit

1264340681-P1010004.gif

Now it leg looks a lot better being re soldered

1264340774-P1010008.gif

a close up of the makers name engraved on the side of the tank

1264340972-P1010005.gif

And now it has been polished up and now fired up i am really pleased with this stoves performance the only slight fault i could find with it was the whind shield the quality of it did not do the stove justice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. RonPH

Hey Brian, I too have one and was wondering the age of these stoves as unlike the primus that did a dating stamp at the base, these stoves did not have any. Although its old but dont really have a clue. My stove still has the original clear lacquer so I did not really polish it up except a good wipe here and there where some clear coat has come off due to fuel spillage I guess.

Ron

3. teletim United Kingdom

Hi,Brian
    Very nice stove, I was going for one last week on Ebay but got out bid :)
    Cheers tim

4. mr optimus

mr optimus United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi Ron and Tim many thanks for your feed back I would imagine the age of this stove is around the 1950's and once I have polished a stove I all ways give them a coat of lacquer as we all know to keep polishing them to maintain the sheen does more harm than good as over time can thin the brass down and flatten the engraving.

Sorry Tim I have a feeling this was the stove i won it last week and beautiful 210 as well