1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unused Primus 535

Discussion in 'Valuations' started by Rif, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Rif Australia

Hi,

Circumstances has me contemplating parting with my Primus 535 that I acquired.

Its in unusually good condition and has never been lit nor has it had fuel in the tank.

Pics can be seen in thread:

http://classiccampstoves.com/threads/my-primus-535-purchase.33030/

I'd be interested in opinions on what to expect from a sale.

Cheers

Rif

2. Kalle

Kalle Finland Subscriber

Hi @Rif ,

Please note this represents my humble opinion only. First I have to say the condition of your stove is really exceptional, thus will be it’s value. But on this game, even the smallest of details will strongly affect the price. Missing things and even the condition of the packaging will matter.

For reference only, I would set theoretical price of a “mintiest of the mint” 535 at 1000€ -- that would come in an un-opened factory packaging without a tiniest imperfection on the cardboard, with an original purchase receipt from the store it was originally bought from, with a possible warranty certificate etc.

Having set the reference and having followed some auctions closing on some online auctions recently (the prices have climbed quite high), I would say you could expect around a half of that. Of course, it depends on finding a suitable buyer, on how long you are able to keep it on sale.

Very detailed photographs of the smallest of the details at every strategic angle of the stove will be essential for the sale.

This might have some bias because I am a devoted 535 fan myself.
    Other Fellow Stovies with broader taste may well disagree.

Once again, what an exceptional stove. I'm sorry to hear you have to part with it,

Regards, Kalle

3. Rif Australia

Thanks for you input Kalle.

If I can find a way to avoid parting company with it, I will.